S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

SoS Gauge Pod Users: Restricted Visibility?

Old 12-15-2002, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SoS Gauge Pod Users: Restricted Visibility?

I was just looking at pictures of the SoS gauge pod and compared them to the Amuse pod which it was supposedly modelled on. The Amuse one doesn't stick the gauges as far into the line of sight as the SoS pod. I'm wondering, given the small windshield and the thick a-pillar, whether people using the SoS pod are having trouble with restricted visibility, particularly when turning left.

Pics below:

SoS pod:

Amuse pod:

Notice the difference in the location of the gauges.
Old 12-15-2002, 07:45 PM

It is a very minor obstruction, not something that would ever make me reconsider having installed it.
Old 12-15-2002, 09:39 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Yes, The pod does limit visibility to the left. The picture is from a deceptive angle. It doesn't look near as wide when you are in the drivers seat. I only noticed the reduced visibility the first week it was on the car, then I adapted to it being there. The other thing you will find yourself doing is looking at the gauges instead of the road. Which, Is a totally different problem all together. In My opinion the SOS pod has larger mounting cups to accommodate the larger Autometer gauges. I believe the Defi gauges are much shallower and don't require the same mounting depth. I'm happy with the install. And wouldn't change it.
Old 12-16-2002, 06:23 AM

That has been my reasoning for never buying one of the SOS pods because i thought it was to large. I saw one in person and thought it stuck out to much for my liking. I have seen people using pods off of a civic and it looked like it didnt stick out as much the only down fall to that was it needed to be screwed to the old pillar trim and it doesnt go the full length of it either.
Old 12-16-2002, 07:23 AM

Is the Amuse available for LHD applications?

Also does the SOS pod replace the entire pillar cover? It looks that way in the pic.
Old 12-16-2002, 07:29 AM

I havent seen the amuse for LHD

Yeah the sos replaces the stock one but has no holes cut for the defroster on the window.
Old 12-16-2002, 07:41 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No LHD for Amuse. Nick I have a SOS and so does ItalianBuckwheat if you want to take a look.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:06 AM

Amuse not available in LHD. I'd like to hear from SoS on this one. I just don't quite understand why they wouldn't have made this as low profile as possible given the tight confines of the S2000 cabin as it is.
Old 12-16-2002, 01:17 PM

My Autometer POD took about one hour to get used to and from that point on, I forget it was even there unless someone asks me. I look at it without even thinking about any loss of visibility. No problems here.
Old 12-16-2002, 01:44 PM

Russ
I want your shift knob.
How much did it cost? and what model Momo is it?

Quick Reply: SoS Gauge Pod Users: Restricted Visibility?