S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Son of MSRP! (a little long)

Old 10-17-2001, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Son of MSRP! (a little long)

not that i've posted much, but recall the sig that said '02 on order? scratched. the dealer flip flopped on me, and told me that if i wanted the car, it was marked up now. some manager got word and said no way. good thing it wasn't in writing anyway, i wouldn't want to deal with that dealership. so i went to the next closest dealer, who informed me that i'd be paying $36k-ish, and that i had no choice - at the other dealer, they said you pay extra for air; at least at this dealer, you pay for accessories. so i said that if i gave them $ right now, i didn't want accessories added. they said no deal. accessories or not, i was paying $35k. i said, 'you think so?' and left. next dealer (40 miles away) said MSRP, no questions asked, we know how they work, we don't do it that way, would you like a guarantee? they say "they'll have a blue one in the next few days, with no deposits, am i interested? can we call you when it gets here? if you don't want to give us your name, that's ok, but our offer of MSRP still stands. accessories? you don't want them? then you don't have to have them. still MSRP." so i'm waiting to see - he says his sheet shows they'll have one in a couple of days, whereas the other two dealers say "we don't know when we're getting one - first come, first serve. $37k" and the other says "we think a few weeks, we know the color, but we don't know when. first come first serve" again. so..... if they truly have one coming in, i'm going to look, and if i like it, i'll have one. first i've heard of on the east coast, so i'm skeptical. they showed me the manifest, and the mgr said worst case it'll be late next week, but they tend to get cars faster than down where i live due to the fact that they're closer to a major port. hmm. we'll see. news to come, questions welcome!

seth
'02 completely in question (including color, based on recent posts - all red? ugh.)
'00 celica still looking for a good home
'01 RC-51 complete with matching S2K speedo cluster