S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

some *)&^)($&% stole my antenna...

Old 09-18-2003, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some *)&^)($&% stole my antenna...

went out to my car in the parking lot of my barracks where I'm staying, and some ()*#&$(*& has stolen my antenna... guess it's time to go buy a new one and superglue it on..
Old 09-18-2003, 09:18 AM

wtf. that sucks man
Old 09-18-2003, 09:33 AM

I just had mine stolen too. The design was just flawed IMHO... one can steal it so easily by unscrewing it. Good thing it doesn't cost that much to replace it. Is there really a big after market for S2k antennae? Or perhaps these losers simply steal them for fun?

I'm now inclined to unscrew my antenna every time I park in a public place for an extended period of time..., but that's just too paranoid and anal though... Oh well, the Lord gives and the Lord takes it away I guess. I'm just glad nobody has stolen my S2k yet!
Old 09-18-2003, 10:40 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Billi
I just had mine stolen too. The design was just flawed IMHO... one can steal it so easily by unscrewing it. Good thing it doesn't cost that much to replace it. Is there really a big after market for S2k antennae? Or perhaps these losers simply steal them for fun?

I'm now inclined to unscrew my antenna every time I park in a public place for an extended period of time..., but that's just too paranoid and anal though...
Old 09-18-2003, 10:45 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SocratesDTC

My antenna is superglued after an incident like yours, also they have stolen, the tap of the rear bumper 4times!! So at the moment, my rear bumper doesn't have a tap. (Sorry for my english, for those who didn't catch me I mean that circular tap, like this:

Old 09-18-2003, 10:50 AM

guess it's time to go buy a new one and superglue it on..
Hahahaha...I had my first one stolen at a shopping mall after 2 years of ownership. When I replaced it, I added a lil superglue as well.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe they're using them for their walkie talkies... Personally, it's not that great of an antenna, not worth stealing anyway.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:11 PM

just had my first stolen a couple days ago. they fit on celicas and VWs ... but i think the real reason is just pure vandalism ... hey, let's go have some fun stealing S2000 antennas. WEAK!

i'm thinking of making some special marking on my next one, photo'ing it, then if it gets stolen, taking a walk around the garage i park in. stealing it back if i find it, and leaving a photo on their windshield with some fun note like 'i have already contacted the police - hope you enjoyed getting worse reception than you did previously'

b
Old 09-18-2003, 12:23 PM

Yea, it sucks don't it?

Mine was stolen a few weeks ago. I stll haven't bought a new one yet.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:31 PM

probably going to borrow one from a friend.. he bought from a local Honda dealer a S2000 antenna for his 03 EVO.. but never uses it, since he has XM radio in it now..

Quick Reply: some *)&^)($&% stole my antenna...