S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

so.. Will I be able to install VSA in the future?

Old 09-02-2005, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinMcC,Sep 2 2005, 03:33 PM
Suprisingly, it is a major pain to always have to turn it off. I'd love to find a way to program the car to have it turned off at startup and require you to turn it on, if need be, but I don't think that's as easy as it sounds.. at least on the Infiniti system....
Hi Justin. I see you sold your G20 and got an S2K. What happened to plans for a G35c? BTW, I still haven't gotten around to installing the Tein springs that you shipped to me for the G20. Just too many cars to work on.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by RainMeister,Sep 2 2005, 11:43 AM
It is also a pain in the neck to have to disengage every time I turn on the ignition.
It seems you could literally get a "pain in the neck" if you unsuccessfully try to reengage the VSA after you lose control in a slippery turn.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by StockSH,Sep 2 2005, 09:24 AM
Is VSA a very complicated device? or just (brake)computer upgrade w/ sensors?

I think VSA is a good thing to have for my wife...if it costs decent amount.
and I wonder if it's even possible to install..

oh well I hope someday, Honda or aftermarket company would offer VSA as an upgrade for previous models..
VSA is a very complicated system...not so much a device. The whole thing operates on a set of algorithms which are based on the specific car in which it is installed. The VSA ECU actually installs where the ABS unit is located. It depends on the car, but from a very basic veiwpoint the inputs to the VSA ECU can include wheel speed sensors (sometimes called ABS sensors), steering angle sensor, and Yaw/LatG sensor. You already have the wheel speed sensors as your car already came with ABS. Installation of the Yaw/LatG sensor will require tapping holes in the chassis at the exact point and orientation in which it is installed on the 06'. Then you have to route harnesses between these additional components. You'd also have to install additional fuses to handle the ECU and the VSA motor (if it's different than the ABS one.)

I could go on and on about why it's not feasible to install VSA on a car that never came with it, but I think you got the jist.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:00 PM

or u can purchase race logic traction control
http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Traction_Control
Old 09-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its not that simple at all

To retrofit VSA to 00-05 S2ks you need the following

VSA Modulator, Yaw rate sensors, DBW throttle body, Intake manifold that supports DBW, Accelerator pedal w/position sensor, 06 ECU, Wire harness for 06 ECU/Throttle Body/Modulator, VSA switch, VSA control unit...etc..

theres probably more parts that i forgot to mention, but anyways you get my point. Its not worth the cost and effort....