S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

so.......my car got keyed

Old 09-13-2005, 09:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default so.......my car got keyed

Damn assholes at my university, ****ing haters. I already have police report, haven't called my insurance yet, or should I even?? the scratch is like 1 feet long, yes 1 feet. mother****ers! it's on my passenger door, how much does this usually run?? don't they have to paint the whole door again?? how much does a whole new color paint job costs? geez, i hope insurance give me some money
Old 09-13-2005, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say leave it and claim it when you're graduated. If you fix it, they might just scratch it again.

Vandalizing bitches
Old 09-13-2005, 09:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry dude, I had my car keyed twice in high school as well.

It comes with the territory, especially with you being at a university and all.

You're actually fortunate that they only keyed your door, and not the rest of your car.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:42 AM

Man, those koksukerz! I'd like to key their frikin face! Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hope it looks as good as new once repaired. And your car looks so good too. Damn jealous A-holes.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:47 AM

Could have been muuuuch worse... but still crappy that it happened..
Old 09-14-2005, 11:52 AM

Yeah this really sucks, I have American Mercury insurance, i still haven't decided what to do... A)key the rest of my car and get a brand new paint job B) just get that part fixed...which I think will come out of my own pocket because of 500 deductible...sigh, last week speeding ticket in school zone, girl probs, now this, life can't get much worse.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel your pain... I got key two weeks after I got the car, still had temp tags on it. Frickin Rice Boys They only got my driver side door, and it was only like 6 inches long, but definately down to the Metal! I didnt bother to claim it, cause my deductible was 500$ and that would be about the price to have the door repainted and fenders blended.

In some ways I wish I had caught the ba$tards, but if I had, I probably woulda ended up in Jail. You gotta think its all about Karma, they'll get what they deserve hopefully sooner than later.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hang in there...... things will get better. Get it fixed as soon as you can afford it....that's all you can really do... Maybe get a cover for the future..
Old 09-14-2005, 12:04 PM

Mine was keyed a month ago. You should key some other panels yourself that need to be repainted anyway. I never thought of doing that and screwed myself, as the damage was only 190 dollars more than the 500 deductable.

Nevermind, you already have the police report
Old 09-14-2005, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nhan,Sep 14 2005, 11:52 AM
Yeah this really sucks, I have American Mercury insurance, i still haven't decided what to do... A)key the rest of my car and get a brand new paint job B) just get that part fixed...which I think will come out of my own pocket because of 500 deductible...sigh, last week speeding ticket in school zone, girl probs, now this, life can't get much worse.
I dont think its a great idea to key the rest of the car to get a paintjob... its not like its free... you're only raising your own premium. Take out a loan if you want a paintjob.

Quick Reply: so.......my car got keyed