S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

So I test drove a S2k..

Old 01-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the RSX really a faster car then the s2000?
Old 01-19-2009, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Teawins21' date='Jan 19 2009, 08:56 AM

What a fantastic rhetort - useful in displaying what little you know and how much help you are to other members.

Stock for stock the S2000 will be quicker than an RSX.

If you stick a I/H/E on both cars, the S will still be quicker.

If you stick a K-Pro on the RSX and an AEM/EMU on the S, the S will be quicker.

However, all of that is a pub ammo pi55ing contest.

IMHO, the S will offer you more fun and that surely is the point?
Old 01-19-2009, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Hypersonik' date='Jan 19 2009, 01:46 AM

What a fantastic rhetort - useful in displaying what little you know and how much help you are to other members.

However, all of that is a pub ammo pi55ing contest.

IMHO, the S will offer you more fun and that surely is the point?
Haha, I'm sorry but I was speechless after reading a few of your responses in this thread.

First of all, what in the world is a "rhetort"? I'm pretty sure you are getting it confused with "rhetorical" but the word you are looking for is "retort".

Do you have any personal experience with a K20a2? If not, I suggest you to do some more research before claiming all of your nonsense.

It has been proven many times. A rsx-s with full bolt-ons and kpro will be a driver's race with a stock s2000.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:06 AM

^^^I don't think you really understand what Hypersonik is saying, read it again and try not to take it as a insult.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:23 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LNKs2k' date='Jan 19 2009, 04:19 AM
Is the RSX really a faster car then the s2000?
Not really, but RSX's respond very well to mods. A modded RSX will beat a stock s2000 though.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by LNKs2k' date='Jan 19 2009, 04:14 AM
Hey where can you get a super charger so cheep?
Just keep an eye on the FS threads. I have seen a couple go for between 2000-2500 for a used Comptech Supercharger non aftercooled.
They are a lot of superchargers around now and lots of poeple are selling their cars or trading in and selling superchargers.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:28 AM
sMk

thanks for all the input guys..I know I can make a s2k faster than my rsx I was just overall a little suprised when I gave it some gas it wasnt as responsive. I LOVED the feeling of everything the car offered and thus could def see my self in one. As for those that said get an Evo if I wanted power, yes that was an option and I had one before my type s but that deal went really sour :/ and just to state one more time my mods on the type s

Type R head/cams
Type R trans/final drive lsd
CAI
Exhaust
Kpro

never dyno'd but kept up with a buddy that was tuned at churches and put out 235
Old 01-19-2009, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by 2003s2k2003' date='Jan 19 2009, 09:08 AM
Just keep an eye on the FS threads. I have seen a couple go for between 2000-2500 for a used Comptech Supercharger non aftercooled.
They are a lot of superchargers around now and lots of poeple are selling their cars or trading in and selling superchargers.
Well I track my RSX with S2K's all the time so I'll chime in here. My RSX had Hondata KPro, intake (nets huge gains on the K20), Mugen suspension with an aggressive alignment, Hotchkis sway bars, 235 RA1's, Ferodo pads and some minor weight reduction. I could keep up with a stockish AP2 but I'd hardly say the RSX is faster. It's a great dual purpose car, but it's just not as fun to drive. I could easily make my car faster, but at the end of the day I'd rather have an S2K, it's more fun. I'm in the market for one now lol Put those same upgrades in the S2K and it's way quicker!
Old 01-20-2009, 06:48 AM
sMk

Originally Posted by jcbarnard' date='Jan 19 2009, 12:49 PM
Well I track my RSX with S2K's all the time so I'll chime in here. My RSX had Hondata KPro, intake (nets huge gains on the K20), Mugen suspension with an aggressive alignment, Hotchkis sway bars, 235 RA1's, Ferodo pads and some minor weight reduction. I could keep up with a stockish AP2 but I'd hardly say the RSX is faster. It's a great dual purpose car, but it's just not as fun to drive. I could easily make my car faster, but at the end of the day I'd rather have an S2K, it's more fun. I'm in the market for one now lol Put those same upgrades in the S2K and it's way quicker!

might be time to part out my dc5 vedy soon
Old 01-20-2009, 07:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's definitely different going from FWD to RWD. I came from an Integra GS-R as well. Your RSX might be right up there in a straight line race but take it to the track or autocross and you'll probably think differently. The S wasn't made to race in a straight line, it was meant for the twisties.

I went to my first autocross this past weekend and the fastest stock s2000 was only 1 second behind modded subies and evos.

It's a different experience with the top down and if you're wanting more power just supercharge or turbo it and you're good to go.

Quick Reply: So I test drove a S2k..