S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

So I test drove a S2k..

Old 01-18-2009, 06:11 PM
sMk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I test drove a S2k..

Well I was bored the other day and was passing by a dealership and I noticed a decently looking 05 black s2k so I thought what the hell and pulled in, mind you I drive a rsx type s. Five minutes later Im in the drivers seat pulling off with the top down. Frist impressions, I liked it a lot especially with the top down BUT sadly its not as fast as what I thought it be :/ my rsx has full bolt ons minus the header and I also have kpro. I still really enjoyed the car but I just wonder if I do eventually get one I def want it to be faster than my rsx.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well no sh!t, the RSX pwns all!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by importluva' date='Jan 18 2009, 10:16 PM
Well no sh!t, the RSX pwns all!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Yeah I felt the same way I first test drove it. Was a lot slower than my old car but had a feel I couldn't find anywhere else. Can be made fast via FI but bunch of money there. I am still happy with it even though it is not very fast. Handling and shifter and suspension all feel awesome with it.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:25 PM
sMk

Originally Posted by 2003s2k2003' date='Jan 18 2009, 07:21 PM
Yeah I felt the same way I first test drove it. Was a lot slower than my old car but had a feel I couldn't find anywhere else. Can be made fast via FI but bunch of money there. I am still happy with it even though it is not very fast.Handling and shifter and suspension all feel awesome with it.
yea I can agree with you on that..way better feeling than the rsx
Old 01-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Former Sponsor

I had an Eclipse GST with fully built motor and turbo and all. Was a ton faster than the S2000 but felt like crap besides that. I'm sure the rsx has better handling than my eclipse did, but man the S2000 was such an upgrade it feel from the GST.
Used supercharger kits for the S2000 are now really cheap if you wanted to go that route. I have seen them for as low as $2,000 for a nice used kit. Bolt on adds you 100whp.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:36 PM

I'm quite sure that a stock S2000 would beat an RSX I/H/E and K pro.

No way you are getting 30bhp from that lot on the RSX, despite what anyone says.

The S isn't mega fast and you really do have to ring it's neck - much more so than in an RSX (well, EP3 Type-R as we don't have the RSX over here).

If you need more power FI, as previously mentioned, is now a proven option and you can gain 80-100whp from a supercharger with no problems.

If you don't want to mod, but want a fast convertible, get a Z4M
Old 01-18-2009, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hypersonik' date='Jan 18 2009, 07:36 PM
I'm quite sure that a stock S2000 would beat an RSX I/H/E and K pro.

No way you are getting 30bhp from that lot on the RSX, despite what anyone says.

The S isn't mega fast and you really do have to ring it's neck - much more so than in an RSX (well, EP3 Type-R as we don't have the RSX over here).

If you need more power FI, as previously mentioned, is now a proven option and you can gain 80-100whp from a supercharger with no problems.

If you don't want to mod, but want a fast convertible, get a Z4M
Sure he is. I've seen plenty of dynos to prove it -- big gains with a good I/H/E setup and a K-Pro tune. That setup will let an RSX-S hang with a stock S2000....just look on YouTube.

S2000 is obviously a very different car than the RSX. I had an Integra GS-R and now have the S2000. Has that same Honda feel with the high-revving motor and smooth transmission, of course. But this is a tiny and responsive sports car. You'll be trading comfort and practicality for something designed to be raced and driven hard.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:50 PM
sMk

Originally Posted by dparm' date='Jan 18 2009, 07:41 PM
Sure he is. I've seen plenty of dynos to prove it -- big gains with a good I/H/E setup and a K-Pro tune. That setup will let an RSX-S hang with a stock S2000....just look on YouTube.

S2000 is obviously a very different car than the RSX. I had an Integra GS-R and now have the S2000. Has that same Honda feel with the high-revving motor and smooth transmission, of course. But this is a tiny and responsive sports car. You'll be trading comfort and practicality for something designed to be raced and driven hard.
yea I also have type r cams and Im pretty sure my car felt a tad bit faster..but yea I still love the s2k and FI would prolly be in the making once I picked up one up.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by dparm' date='Jan 19 2009, 03:41 AM
Sure he is. I've seen plenty of dynos to prove it

There are lies, Damn lies, and Dyno printouts

Even against a Stock RSX, the HP advantage you have will not look like a big difference, so if it gains 25bhp from IHE K-Pro, you may not even notice it.

That said, I can only guess that the smooth nature of the F20C is to blame for the lack of 'feel fast'

And the S2000 is not a track car.

It's a 1.5 trick pony

1 as a road car
0.5 as a track car

If you want a race car, buy an Elise.

I bought the S because I wanted enough practicality to be able to take luggage, drive accross Europe to the Nurburgring, drive round the Nurburgring, then drive back again.

The S is the perfect car for this IMHO, and while it may not be the fastest, it will bring you the biggest smiles

Quick Reply: So I test drove a S2k..