S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

So, how long before your antenna was stolen?

Old 02-19-2002, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, how long before your antenna was stolen?

Well, after exactly 2 weeks of owning my S2K, my antenna got stolen today. It really pissed me off when I found out it was stolen... I guess I should at least be glad that it appears to have been taken off cleanly... so guess it's time to order a new one. Thank god they're only 14 bux... maybe I should order a whole bunch of 'em, as I bet this is gonna happen again in the future. Anyone know what the difference is between the S2K antenna and the Insight one? Does the Insight one offer better reception?
Old 02-19-2002, 08:53 PM

look for your antenna on a Celica - some of their owners love to take ours and put it on their cars.
Old 02-19-2002, 09:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i bought my roommate one for his jetta, so he would stop eyeing my antenna...
Old 02-19-2002, 09:18 PM

I was washing my S2K the other day and I couldn't believe how easily the antenna unscrewed. I think I will add a bit of lock tite to the threads. The thieves will have to bring tools...... mike.....
Old 02-19-2002, 09:20 PM

ive still got mine after about a year, knocks on wood, it'll probably be gone tomorrow
Old 02-19-2002, 09:39 PM

Globetro,

I think there's something about the S2000 antenna in northern california. I work in Sunnyvale, and have had my antenna stolen twice now. No damage, no nothing. My top was down both times, and if they were interested in trashing my car, they certainly could have done worse than swiping the antenna.

I guess there's a nice black market going on. I've seen them on various "rice-oriented" websites (and ebay) for upwards of $50 apiece. I guess no one bothers to, you know, call the Honda dealership to find out what they're really worth.

- Warren
Old 02-19-2002, 09:56 PM

i got mine stolen when i went to watch 'the fast and furious'. i couldn't believe it at first, but i figured if i saw an S2000, i would want to touch it too .

i now have locktite on mine, but i don't think it works very well. the reason i say this is 'cause i pulled it off (really easily) the first time i had locktite on it, and now i just left it alone, but if they want it bad enough, i know they'll take it.
Old 02-19-2002, 10:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you guys actually USE the radio??

Wouldn't it just be easier to blank off the hole where you used to have the antenna and listen to CD's instead??
Old 02-19-2002, 10:44 PM

may be an inconvenience to you but you should take your antenna off every time you leave you car somewhere for a period of time. i take mine off everyday when im at school (a community college full of ricers) geez one time i left my antenna on and my little winter jack ball got stolen! im was pissed
MIke
Old 02-20-2002, 04:53 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by upsworkhard
[B]I was washing my S2K the other day and I couldn't believe how easily the antenna unscrewed.

Quick Reply: So, how long before your antenna was stolen?