S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Are smaller diameter tires bad?

Old 04-18-2004, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you re-read your first post (and consequently my response to it) you plainly wrote
"40 series instead of 50 series" and yet seem to keep forgetting that. When I responded
to it by saying it would look stupid, that's correct. ON A 40 SERIES. Notice I wrote
" The quicker your car is due to running with 23-inch tires, the less time people would see how stupid it would look."
Are 50-series tires 23-inches fool? No. So how in heck was I referring to my own change
as being stupid when they are not 23-inches. Quit responding to this thread before you
embarass yourself any further.
BTW, what's an S200? Edit your post and go learn about your car for pete's sake
and any comments about my car are promptly filed away with all the others who
think by doing so, it bothers me. You embarassed yourself and then take the high road
by insulting somebody who WAS trying to help you.
Considering you seem to be taking my first answer so personally, take a few steps
back and re-read it. When you realize my comment was regarding tires that are
2 1/2 inches shorter than stock, I would HOPE you would agree that it would
look stupid. Until then, your infantile ranting about my car only establishes you as s2ki.com's newest troll, all in the span of 36 fresh off the farm days. Nice job junior.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First things first. I've been on S2ki for 36 days cuz I've had an S 2000 for 36 days. Before that, I was on ephatch for the last two years. Before that, I was on 3si (3000 gt forum) for 4 years. I'm 32 and started modifying cars when I was 10, 22 years ago. When you were trying to figure out what size tires to run on your Triumph, I was helping my dad build and swap a 350 into a 72 Scout. After that, It was a 350 into a 76 Malibu. Why must you make assumptions about me when all you know is the question I asked. My post said if you thought my question was stupid, be nice. You weren't. You had a smartass answer for it. I'm not fresh off the farm like you think. I even said after we disagreed, I respected your opinion. I stated over and over again I do not plan to run 40 series tires. However, you refuse to accept these statements. I don't even know why I am wasting my time with you. You are clearly a jackass. You are the kind of person who gives people in sports cars the reputation for being knowitall dicks.How long did it take in your 2 years on s2ki to earn that reputation? Leave me alone. Don't respond to any of my posts now or in the future or I will have my attorney contact you. You are causing me emotional distress with your blatant misuse of carbon fiber. You have a wanton disregard for style and aesthetics. I hope your wheels (which were cool for about 5 seconds in 2001) fall off the next time you take a drive. One more thing, I see in your profile you were in the Navy. Maybe we can find some common ground after all. I am also a vet. I was 11 bravo in the Army. My cousin used to talk about being in the Navy all the time. Maybe you know him, His name was Randy Jones(he's the cowboy in The Villiage People).
Old 04-19-2004, 09:15 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by terd ferguson
Leave me alone. Don't respond to any of my posts now or in the future or I will have my attorney contact you.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:36 AM

Terd, I think I know what the cause of your dispute with Russ is. It's all due to confusion over your use of i.e. when you meant to use e.g..

i.e. means that is, therefore your original post which read (i.e. 40 series instead of 50 series) was correctly interpreted by Russ as meaning that you wanted to change from 50 series to 40 series tyres.

Your second post (which was ignored by Russ) clarified this when you stated "I was just using 50 series versus 40 series as an example.".

Ah, the wonders of correct grammar - maybe there's a lesson here for many posters.

However, at the end of the day, Terd, I understand and agree with your objective of using a lower profile tyre. As F20 pointed out in his MX5 example, there are definite acceleration benefits to be gained.

I'm a fairly mature owner and frankly I don't understand the emphasis that many owners place on large wheel and/or tyre combinations. As a matter of fact I find it ridiculous that people will spend huge dollars and in most cases reduce the performance of their vehicle. I find it even more ridiculous that people look at a car and think it must be
Old 04-20-2004, 04:59 AM

Originally posted by terd ferguson
Don't respond to any of my posts now or in the future or I will have my attorney contact you.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2KTurkey: I totally agree with everything you said, including the fact that I misused the abbrevation i.e., when I really meant e.g. Thank you for setting me straight, I can admit when I am worng.

Thongfoto: Yes I really am going to get my attorney involved, he thinks I have a pretty strong case with all the emotional distress, due to Russ's blatant misuse of carbon fiber. I have night tremors when I see the blasphemous way Russ's S 2000 is modified.

"...So I said to the guy, red m&m's, blue m&m's, they all come out the same color in the end."-Homer J. Simpson