S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Shout out to Jiffy Lube

Old 08-21-2004, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you trying to prove a point?

We're not the only paranoid ones in this thread though. Look at yourself, so quick to get so defensive. It's all about revenge with you, isn't? Always have to have the last word?

Well, how about this: The only person flaming anybody was you flaming me.

what the hell are you talking about? are you a total idiot or what?
It was a damn joke but you obviously take everything too seriously. Perhaps, you can pick yourself up a sense of humor on your way back to S2ki. I believe they sell them at the corner store for FREE.

Yes, I'm a total idiot.

I'm the idiot because we all know that was your last post ever. We all know you're not going to reload the page a few times to check replies. We all know that you didn't specifically say to not reply, just to get even more replies.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:02 AM

I hope the "free sense of humor" joke was obvious enough for you. I wouldn't wanna get your panties in a bunch again.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:05 AM

People's concerns on this site were about you taking good care of your car. They're right, the S2000 needs a certain oil filter. Most people have never even SEEN an S2000 let alone work on one.

Also, I'm not understanding why we need to congratulate them on doing the oil change right. I mean seriously, if I went ot Applebee's and they made my order right, I don't go telling everyone I know that they didn't mess it up.

I'd like to shoutout to Sunoco because after I put 94 in my car, it ran for at least 300 miles until I needed fuel again. Thank's for not selling me a bad tank of gas!

People have had bad experiences at Honda dealers for the same reason people have bad experiences elsewhere. People either cut corners, become lazy, or just aren't competent enough to properly work on this type of automobile.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:07 AM

Thanks blanket for keeping me warm last night!
Old 08-21-2004, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by alexf20c,Aug 21 2004, 01:00 PM
I'm the idiot because we all know that was your last post ever. We all know you're not going to reload the page a few times to check replies. We all know that you didn't specifically say to not reply, just to get even more replies.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:09 AM

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being exceptional, how would you rate the overall performance of your blanket in the past 3 weeks? Please explain your answer.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:11 AM

Shout outs to Jiffy Lube for doing their job correctly? Cool, but it's not like changing oil is rocket science.

I had a friend sieze the engine on his Celica, which had been recently rebuilt to begin with, because an idiot at JL stripped his drain plug and he drove away with an oil leak (a pretty fast one). I will never ever take my car to one of those places. If I, for some reason, can't find 30 minutes to do it myself, I'll spend the extra $$ and take it to Honda.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:49 AM

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

It's great that you felt you had a good experience at Jiffy Lube, but that doesn't mean that they didn't make any mistakes.

Did you tell them to torque your drain plug? If not, they probably tightened it way too tight, which can eventually result in stripped threads on your oil pan. They're used to tightening drain plugs on steel oil pans, so if you didn't tell them to torque it correctly, the threads on your aluminum pan are under far more stress than they were designed.

Did you supply an aluminum crush washer? If not then they either replaced it with a gasket-type washer or reused the old one. Either way, you have increased your risk of a lost drain plug.

I'm not saying that you're immune to these problems if you take your car to any Honda Service Center, I'm just saying that the chances arent' that good that they did everything right.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:38 PM

Old 08-21-2004, 02:30 PM

I can no longer, in good faith, bad mouth the J-Team (not that I ever did).

I let the J-team (actually, only one specific team....some are MUCH better than others) do my oil changes ever since they found a slow rear-seal leak and told me about it at about 15,000 miles (I had it redone by the Honda dealer under warranty the next day).

I guess its like all things, it all comes down to the people who are doing the work. Find a good crew and stay with them; to me, its worth the $15 you'll save doing it yourself.

However, I gotta agree, I took my daily driver to another J-team and was horrified when they took three different tries at getting the correct filter to fit. If I wouldn't have been there, I bet I'd still have the old one.

Quick Reply: Shout out to Jiffy Lube