S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Should I fix the dings?

Old 08-01-2004, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeh but 20 or so dings on either side makes a diff though from excellent condition to just plain average or something. I wouldnt want to buy a s2k with 20 dings on each side personally. Its easy to fix up though.
Old 08-01-2004, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by SilverKnight,Aug 1 2004, 05:11 PM
yeh but 20 or so dings on either side makes a diff though from excellent condition to just plain average or something. I wouldnt want to buy a s2k with 20 dings on each side personally. Its easy to fix up though.
I agree, but some buyers are leery of cars that have had body work done.

I would say if the seller wants to get top dollar for the car, get the damage repaired.
Old 08-01-2004, 06:44 PM

OK sounds like good advice. Aren't there problems with the paintless dent repair? I think I've heard about rust developing inside the panels.

As for the rear speakers, there used to be a guy on this board who made prefitted panels with the speakers in them. (Heh, I feel like such an old timer now. I can't remember his name and I didn't even know Honda offered headrest speakers.)
Old 08-01-2004, 06:47 PM

Yeh I heard about him to Right now all I have are the blank panels She needs some panels with speakers in em!
Old 08-01-2004, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by villain2000,Aug 1 2004, 06:58 PM
Okay, I kow this is off the topic, but where do you add rear speakers behind the seats? Just curious. Want to better the sound of my o4 but dont like the S-pods looks and heard the hONDA backrest speakers arent worth the money.
Try these links:

Another conversation on rear speakers on S2ki There are comments on the Honda factory speaker that came out for the MY04's. Also check out the links in this thread about the S-Pod speakers.

Lucid Automotive

H and A Accessories Scroll down to the Headrest Speaker System. You'll find a link for installation instructions in a PDF file.

Drive Safe,
Steve R.
Old 08-01-2004, 07:18 PM

Yeah, Lucid's the guy. I highly recommend him.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:45 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Sunchild
Old 08-02-2004, 06:26 AM

NO DOUBT. Paintless dent removal should be around 100 per panel. bumper repair, for bondo and repaint shoudln't be much. 200-300 for a scrape. We don't knwo the true extent of your damages, but it can't be THAT much!!!
Old 08-02-2004, 07:04 AM

Sunchild, haven't seen much of you in the last few... years. Hope all is well.

Is it just me or have you toned down your razor-sharp commentaries on every day life in this crazy world? I mean, I would have expected some well-placed barbs from you somewhere in your posts.

For whatever it's worth, I'd say find a different shop, fix the dents and the paint, but don't let them go over a grand for the whole job...

Good luck and take care.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:41 AM

Muz! Hootsama! Sorry I've been a stranger. Yeah, well, I guess I've mellowed in my old age :-/

Hey Muz, I was just in oz this June/July. My girlfriend and I drove up from Sydney to Fraser Island and then she carried on the rest of the way to Cairns with her brother and I had to go back to work in New York. :-( Anyway, I'm a damn good right hand driver now (even in the Landy we had on Fraser) and you've got a hell of good country there. What an adventure! I was about this far from quitting life and moving into Byron Bay, let me tell you. Thought about looking you and Wayne up, but my gf wouldn't have anything to do with meeting up with "some guys you met on the Internet". Ah well...next time, right? I'll be coming back ASAP--gotta finish the NE coast and see some of the rest of the country.

Hey, I miss this place!

Quick Reply: Should I fix the dings?