S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: Should I install?
Yes, "you can doooo it!"
19.05%
No, it'll kill you.
76.19%
I'm too high to know what the hell to click on.
4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Should I do this?

Old 08-09-2004, 05:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scablander,Aug 9 2004, 05:42 PM
Yellafeva,
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I'd guess you're a young guy. Considering you'll be exposed to all the driving errors that everyone around you on the highway will make for the next 50 years or so, plus a few of your own that you can't even conceive at the moment, I recommend that you use every device or skill that you can acquire to stay alive out there. That steering wheel looks really cool, and I'd love to have one in my S2000. But, I'm an old guy who will probably be crapping himself in a bed in a nursing home in a decade or two. I recommend you keep the airbag. Life is short anyway...I wouldn't take the risk.
Well, thanks for the advice! Perhaps I should be driving a huge SUV then. But yes, airbag can be a life-saver, but I'm itching to install the wheel; maybe for just a month? Purdy please?!!

If you'd love to have that in your S2000, I'll lower the price a little bit for you. You get both the wheel and the matching shift knob, which also has very soft leather.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:58 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

I've been thinking about a Momo wheel and here's what I've come down to:

3 Reasons why you should install it:

a) It's really cool

b) Most of my other car's (older) do not have any air bag

c) It's the style I want

3 Reasons why you should NOT install it:

a) Loss of air bag safety

b) Loss of cruise control (probably)

c) Loss of insurance coverage in a collision if the company denies the claim because they discover you intensionally removed the air bag
Old 08-09-2004, 06:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My original advice still stands, but I also recognize that life should be fun and and reasonable risks do bring pleasure. If it's really important to you to put that pretty wheel in your car, do so with full cognizance of the risk, which is probably not excessive.

Thanks for the offer on the wheel and shift knob, but I don't think the yellow will go with my red/black. Best wishes.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:03 PM

Whoa! Listen to dlq04 and call your insurance company first to see if your coverage would be voided if you did this modification. Insurance companies are ALWAYS looking for ways to get out of claims and it could be the case with this modification. If they say it would not be voided, make sure you get it in wirting!!! CHECK FIRST SO YOU DON'T PAY HUGE LATER!!!
Old 08-09-2004, 06:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy

When I die, it better be in my S.
My 2 cents, put that sweet looking wheel on
Old 08-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Banned

Appreciate all your inputs!

I fully realize the negatives of having that steering wheel. But whenever I hold it, it just feels so awesome in my hands and I'd wish I could be hold it while driving the car. I'm still thinking.

Another reason I posted this because I'd like to see if any of you wanna take it off my hands.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy

Originally Posted by yellafeva,Aug 9 2004, 06:08 PM
Another reason I posted this because I'd like to see if any of you wanna take it off my hands.
Contact 4moto in the SoCal club, it would look great with his black and tan interior
Old 08-09-2004, 07:31 PM

y not just duct tape the wheel to the oem wheel see how it feels?
Old 08-10-2004, 07:49 AM

if it's your primary car, no. if it's a "play" or secondary car...go for it. That was my determining factor.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:18 AM

Hey, that steering wheel looks great, but not great enough to justify throwing away your airbag. Thats just my opinion, remember safety first!

Quick Reply: Should I do this?