S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: Should I install?
Yes, "you can doooo it!"
19.05%
No, it'll kill you.
76.19%
I'm too high to know what the hell to click on.
4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Should I do this?

Old 08-09-2004, 12:12 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Should I do this?

Hello,

After much debating, I still have yet to come to a decision. I have a beautiful new steering wheel, which is for sale btw (click on my signature), sitting around and I really want to install it. However, I'm afraid of losing the air bag would do me bodily harm if bad things should happen. Please give me your honest opinions if I should install it or not. On one hand, I'd have a beautiful and sporty steering wheel, but on the other, I'd lose an airbag. Is it that important to have an airbag? I mean, I wear seatbelt 100% of the time, so would an airbag even help in case of an accident? My seat is rather far away from the steering wheel too. Thanks for your inputs!

The steering wheel is beautiful and sporty, and its leather is magnificent. It'd be so nice to have it installed.

Old 08-09-2004, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by yellafeva,Aug 9 2004, 03:12 AM
Is it that important to have an airbag?
ummm YES!

I personally wouldnt want to be without it, but think about it - was fine for all vehicles to be airbagless up until the mid/late 80s (thanks to Volvo!)

Sweet looking steering wheel btw
Old 08-09-2004, 01:24 AM

U never know what is gonna happen to you ,,,,,in other word u wanna have air bag all the time in front of u just to be safe ...... it makes a lot of differences when it comes to collision case.......u want an air bag
Old 08-09-2004, 03:21 AM

airbag

Nice steering wheel though.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:08 AM

I'm surprised you are worried about risk, considering that you have that sport bike in your sig.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:27 AM

I'd concider putting it on. it looks awesome, how many times a week do you actually use your air bag anyways right
Old 08-09-2004, 07:46 AM

Keep the airbag, buddy.

Isn't it against the law or something not to have an airbag? I mean, if you were to get pulled over and a cop sees that you have an aftermarket steering wheel...
Old 08-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fongu,Aug 9 2004, 07:08 AM
I'm surprised you are worried about risk, considering that you have that sport bike in your sig.
Riding bikes is much safer than one may think, unless the rider pulls some foolish stunts or doesn't pay attention to the surrounding environment.

Well, I'm just a little worried driving an S without an airbag. But I always wear seatbelt and sit rather far away from the steering wheel.

Is it really illegal to have an aftermarket steering wheel like that in a car?

So who wants to buy it before I make a final decision to install it?
Old 08-09-2004, 05:11 PM

[QUOTE=GodoftheBOLP,Aug 9 2004, 07:27 AM] concider putting it on. it looks awesome, how many times a week do you actually use your air bag anyways right
Old 08-09-2004, 05:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yellafeva,
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I'd guess you're a young guy. Considering you'll be exposed to all the driving errors that everyone around you on the highway will make for the next 50 years or so, plus a few of your own that you can't even conceive at the moment, I recommend that you use every device or skill that you can acquire to stay alive out there. That steering wheel looks really cool, and I'd love to have one in my S2000. But, I'm an old guy who will probably be crapping himself in a bed in a nursing home in a decade or two. I recommend you keep the airbag. Life is short anyway...I wouldn't take the risk.

Quick Reply: Should I do this?