S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Short block replacement thread.

Old 01-13-2003, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by FormerH22a4

I think that is a good guess since the little ticks are comming from the front of the engine, near the belt area. These are little ticks and i've heard them since day one, just being paranoid.

I now have a oil pressure gauge. In the event of instant oil loss, will this gauge give me enough warning?
]

yes, a good safety is running guages, oil temp and pressure, pressure being more important.
Old 01-13-2003, 10:36 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Barry WY Silver/Black '01
[B]The list is growing.

Does anyone know of any '03 F20C or any '02 F20C after engine number 1025386 has had a major failure?
Old 01-14-2003, 01:05 AM

Originally posted by vapors2k

it's safe to say that anything woodwork said is useless b/c he cannot tell us the whole story, no point in eating a cake when all you get is the icing/frosting. i said before too, either he gets his jollies off by pretending he works at honda and posting here that he knows whats up or he really does work there but feels that what he posts reassures us (US owners) that american honda can justify not upgrading the oil bolts in the US simply on the grounds of varying driving characterisitics. HOGWASH if you ask me.
Ardy - "Woodwork" IS a real person that my father has known for a long time, and someone I have met personally. So don't doubt his motives. However, I agree with you that it's tough to make good use of what he tells us because it's only one piece to the puzzle(s).
Old 01-14-2003, 03:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can someone explain leak down tests to me? Eleki-SD-Calif. has emailed me the results of her leak-down test which shows the #4 cylinder out of line with the other three. I don't know what the percentages mean. In the mean time, I've revised my comments on her engine.

It sounds to me like she has a typical #4 cylinder scoring failure. If this is true, I'm surprised she's not getting a warranty repair automatically, without delay or question. Instead, she's being blamed for over-revving when she did no such thing and she is the only owner and driver of her car.

Why would she get bent valves in #3 and #4 without over-revving, which she didn't do?
Old 01-14-2003, 04:04 AM

toofast4u just posted pictures from his failed engine. AHM didn't give him a warranty repair because AHM claimed low oil. He was down 1.5 quarts.

Here is a link to his thread.

Here's a picture from his thread. This scoring exactly matches what Jason Saini had and what I had.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:33 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SteveUCI
[B]

Ardy - "Woodwork" IS a real person that my father has known for a long time, and someone I have met personally.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:49 AM

Originally posted by vapors2k
We are enthusisats and like to drive our cars they were they were intended to be driven and to have any doubts of engine failure due destroys that enthusiasm to drive the car.
Woodwork is also an owner and an enthusiast and likes to drive enthusiastically. I think it is great that AHM has employees like him, even if he can't always meet our needs (including my own needs) on this board.
Old 01-30-2003, 03:37 PM

Does anyone know of a failure in a late production MY2002 or any model year 2003 S2000? I'd love to know if the oil jet bolt change correlates with a decrease in the number of catastrophic failues.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:40 PM

barry , im still around. my s2000 was bought 9/02. i dont know the production date. the car has been at the dealer for 2 months awating Honda to do the right thing and repair it(not gonna happen ever). it had 1 bent valve and a black residue on top of #4 cylinder piston. Honda didnt bother to do more than pull the head before denying warranty coverage.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:58 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by su701
[B]barry , im still around. my s2000 was bought 9/02. i dont know the production date. the car has been at the dealer for 2 months awating Honda to do the right thing and repair it(not gonna happen ever). it had 1 bent valve and a black residue on top of #4 cylinder piston. Honda didnt bother

Quick Reply: Short block replacement thread.