S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Shopping for MUZ mats....anyone here have them?

Old 03-03-2006 | 06:18 PM

Sounds interesting. Post some pictures and I'm sure more will get back to you. Oh, can an S2000 logo go on there instead of the S?
Old 03-03-2006 | 06:45 PM
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

4 years old "MUG"mats,just like new.

Bad pic,and they were dirty,when it was shot.

Old 03-08-2006 | 02:31 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by 530s2k,Mar 2 2006, 12:17 PM
I'd be interested.
I spent the earlier part of the day discussing the floor mats with my guy. I asked him to use the exact same Wilton wool material to make my mats and use a nice rubber backing.

For the initial batch, he is going to make 3 pairs of mats since that will save on material.

For the initial batch of mats, he bought enough black Wilton wool to make 3 pairs of mats. I plan on using black for the mats and yellow vinyl to do the trim border.

We are going to try and replicate as close to the MUZ mats as possible and even add a few extra touches of our own. I told him I did not want the mats to move around so he suggested we sew 2 buttons where the hump is so I can snap them in place.

The backing will be a nice thick rubber so the overall feel and look should be as good as any "premium" mats out there but at a significant savings.

I'm getting one set for myself thus 2 sets will be available as extras. I'm not making anything on these so only doing this as a favor to the s2ki community

Of course the 2 extra sets will be black with yellow vinyl trim so only open to Spa / Rio owners right now. If you guys want more, I can have him make more and at that point we can do any color combo you wish with the Wilton carpet.

Still debating if I want any embroidery since that costs extra and he is charging me a setup fee so hopefully we can all decide on the same logo - I was thinking the simple OEM s2000 logo in yellow or other various colors?

Let me know via email if anyone else is interested in the extra 2 sets of black/yellow mats. Your cost is a flat $220 per pair of mats shipped and I only have 2 sets.

thanks,
rick

s4playko@yahoo.com
Old 03-08-2006 | 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by s4play,Mar 8 2006, 03:31 PM
I spent the earlier part of the day discussing the floor mats with my guy. I asked him to use the exact same Wilton wool material to make my mats and use a nice rubber backing.

For the initial batch, he is going to make 3 pairs of mats since that will save on material.

For the initial batch of mats, he bought enough black Wilton wool to make 3 pairs of mats. I plan on using black for the mats and yellow vinyl to do the trim border.

We are going to try and replicate as close to the MUZ mats as possible and even add a few extra touches of our own. I told him I did not want the mats to move around so he suggested we sew 2 buttons where the hump is so I can snap them in place.

The backing will be a nice thick rubber so the overall feel and look should be as good as any "premium" mats out there but at a significant savings.

I'm getting one set for myself thus 2 sets will be available as extras. I'm not making anything on these so only doing this as a favor to the s2ki community

Of course the 2 extra sets will be black with yellow vinyl trim so only open to Spa / Rio owners right now. If you guys want more, I can have him make more and at that point we can do any color combo you wish with the Wilton carpet.

Still debating if I want any embroidery since that costs extra and he is charging me a setup fee so hopefully we can all decide on the same logo - I was thinking the simple OEM s2000 logo in yellow or other various colors?

Let me know via email if anyone else is interested in the extra 2 sets of black/yellow mats. Your cost is a flat $220 per pair of mats shipped and I only have 2 sets.

thanks,
rick

s4playko@yahoo.com
I'll take a set.

Is he going to put a hole where the stock AP1 post is located? Left side of floorpan, right in front of hump.
Old 03-09-2006 | 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by frank b,Mar 3 2006, 12:54 PM
The Muz prestige mats dan't really have any shortcomings. They're good looking and fit great. Rick's Wilton wool are nicer and leather trimmed. I have both and I'm happy with them!
I just got mine Tues, its a huge improvment over the OEM mats. They fit perfect
and look great. Well worth the money imo.
Old 03-09-2006 | 07:04 AM
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Can 't go wrong,with Muz's prestige mats.
Got mine for 4 years,still looking brand new.
Old 03-09-2006 | 07:46 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by 530s2k,Mar 8 2006, 10:38 PM
I'll take a set.

Is he going to put a hole where the stock AP1 post is located? Left side of floorpan, right in front of hump.
OK, shot you a PM

In that case I only have 1 set available and that's it....email me if you guys want the last set.

I will wait a few days before posting it in the FOR SALE section which I'm sure will go fast.

Rick
Old 03-25-2006 | 07:28 AM
Member (Premium)

The custom Wilton mats are done....put them in my car over the weekend and they look great

Check out the pics since I have one extra set still that is FOR SALE.

late,
rick

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...f=107&t=371763