S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Shopping for MUZ mats....anyone here have them?

Old 03-02-2006 | 11:20 AM

thinking about picking these up just to cover the worn out crossmember carpet.
Old 03-02-2006 | 11:33 AM
Member (Premium)

Stay tuned, my entire s2000 interior is at his shop so can't drive the car but once he gets my stitching done, I'm going to bring the car to him and see if I can get a quote....

rick
Old 03-02-2006 | 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by s4play,Mar 2 2006, 12:33 PM
Stay tuned, my entire s2000 interior is at his shop so can't drive the car but once he gets my stitching done, I'm going to bring the car to him and see if I can get a quote....

rick
What's the cost on having the leather redone, btw? I'm down in Redding, would love to find a good leather guy that someone on here reccomends.

Thanks!
Old 03-02-2006 | 02:17 PM

The standard Muz mats are JUNK!!! The set we bought looked like a heavy piece of felt with a rubber backing. We sold them for a $50 loss to get rid of them then immediately ordered a set of Ricks. What a HUGE improvement!

Go with Ricks. They are much better.
Old 03-02-2006 | 02:28 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by SilverBullit02,Mar 2 2006, 03:17 PM
The standard Muz mats are JUNK!!! The set we bought looked like a heavy piece of felt with a rubber backing. We sold them for a $50 loss to get rid of them then immediately ordered a set of Ricks. What a HUGE improvement!

Wow are you serious? This is the first time I heard this.....

Thanks goodness I haven't bought any yet but was going to buy the "cheaper" ones at $300....hahaha

That's why I hate mailorder when I can't see it - think I'm definitely going my custom route with my upholster.

A complete leather package with labor is in the $2000 range if you want perforated leather with re-done doors. Basically I'm replicating the OEM red/black leather look and adding a few little extras. If you look closely the oem seats are solid leather at the top section and then perforated in the rest. The door panels are perforated in the smaller upper section on AP2's.

Also had him stitch up a suede shift boot and new visor covers in black leather.

Can't wait to get the car back next week....hehe

rick
Old 03-03-2006 | 08:37 AM
Member (Premium)

*UPDATE GUYS:

My guy said if we can get at least 10 people interested he is willing to make some extra mats for you guys and you can pick the color of the border and mats. Best thing is the cost is a very reasonable $220 per set of mats hand sewn.

Let me know if anyone is interested or email me: s4playko@yahoo.com

Let's figure out all the shortcomings of the MUG mats so we can avoid all those areas when these are custom made so let me know what areas to watch out for! Someone already mentioned the heel piece is bad or wrongly located?

Rick
Old 03-03-2006 | 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by s4play,Mar 3 2006, 10:37 AM
Let's figure out all the shortcomings of the MUG mats so we can avoid all those areas when these are custom made so let me know what areas to watch out for!
I love mine.
Old 03-03-2006 | 08:54 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

The Muz prestige mats dan't really have any shortcomings. They're good looking and fit great. Rick's Wilton wool are nicer and leather trimmed. I have both and I'm happy with them!
Old 03-03-2006 | 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by s4play,Mar 3 2006, 09:37 AM
*UPDATE GUYS:

My guy said if we can get at least 10 people interested he is willing to make some extra mats for you guys and you can pick the color of the border and mats. Best thing is the cost is a very reasonable $220 per set of mats hand sewn.

Let me know if anyone is interested or email me: s4playko@yahoo.com

Let's figure out all the shortcomings of the MUG mats so we can avoid all those areas when these are custom made so let me know what areas to watch out for! Someone already mentioned the heel piece is bad or wrongly located?

Rick
I'm interested... Think you could get some pictures of his work up?
Old 03-03-2006 | 11:37 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by littlerocket777,Mar 2 2006, 10:40 AM
I got the prestige mats too. They look pretty good and I'll have to agree with S2k Dude, wish the wear pad was a further up towards the front of the car because I find that my left foot doesn't sit on the wear pad. The wear pad is some textured semi hard plastic. Your shoes will wear out before the wear pad. I didn't get any logos, looks kinda plain. But they don't have the nice "S2000" logos anymore, just the "S" now. Didn't really care for the "S". But get the mats, your crossmember will thank you for it.
These are the shortcomings that another member pointed out.

So I'm not speaking from experience since I have never bought any MUG mats but I'm sure my guy can make nicer ones since it's custom hand sewn to my specs.

I won't have the interior leather done till earliest wed. of next week so we won't be starting on the mats till after that.

rick

Quick Reply: Shopping for MUZ mats....anyone here have them?