S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Which Shift Knob do you have?

Old 08-12-2001, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Shift Knob do you have?

I originally bought the titanium shifter with my car. Those of you that have this shift knob realize that it gets very hot. So I bought a momo shifter. It was real nice, but after a few weeks I started having problems with the installation. The momo shifter does not screw on, it is attached using 3 set screws. The set screws will damage the tread on the shifter. Now, I have replaced the momo with titanium shifter, but I am still looking for an alternative. I don't like round shift knobs. I would like a custom grip knob that will screw on to the shifter. Anyone have any recommendation? Which shift knob do you have? GaToR
Old 08-12-2001, 06:50 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the OEM Titanium Knob myself and in the South Florida sun, I've left the shift patten permanately burned into my palm quite a few times already...

My advice to either put something over the knob (I use my cap, which works pretty well) or buy the Knob Boot from Ricks. If you decide to get a new knob anyway, the VooDoo Knobs are the way to go.
Old 08-12-2001, 06:52 PM

Voodoo elemental titanium countersunk shift knob. Love it.
Old 08-12-2001, 07:19 PM

I have the voodoo knob. I love it. It is the best.
Old 08-12-2001, 07:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by 2x6spds
Voodoo elemental titanium countersunk shift knob. Love it.
Same here =D
Old 08-12-2001, 07:32 PM

Spun Pearl Voodoo.
Old 08-12-2001, 09:04 PM

I have the Phantom/Carbon Fiber Momo. I got the one with silver that matches the silver trim around the boot. The carbon fiber look seems to go perfectly with the Silverstone/black that I own. Feels great and looks awesome. They also come in red and yellow as well as a perforated black leather that perfectly matches the existing black perforated leather on the Stook.
Some people have complained about these slipping. But I found the secret is to use the 4 set screws and not put on the threaded bottom cover which screws on over the thread screws. It's not necessary because the boot covers the bottom of the Momo.
Heres one of many retail sites that show the different models.
http://www.nascarplace.com/momo/itmidx1.htm
Old 08-13-2001, 03:42 AM
vmb

I can back up S2K Fun's success with the removal of the threaded collar- this allows you to push the knob all the way down and really tighten the set screws. (for those of you that haven't tried to install a Momo- the stock shift stalk has a tapered collar that interferes with the Momo trim collar, preventing a "proper" install.

My Air Race has stayed in place very well all summer.

Momo Air Race
Old 08-13-2001, 03:46 AM

Another one with the titanium voodoo gear knob. It's absolutely amazing, though I don't enjoy looking at the fine swirls and scratches but it's not eye-catching or anything.

Old 08-13-2001, 04:01 AM

S2k fun, so you don't you the bottom screw on collar right? Also do you drill another set screw into the side of the momo. How do you get it to thread? GaToR p.s. Got any pictures?

Quick Reply: Which Shift Knob do you have?