S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

She's Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-14-2002, 07:43 PM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

I just got home to find a message from the dealer - My Car Has Arrived!!!!!!!!!

It's a couple days ahead of schedule (was expecting it Monday or Tuesday), the only down side is that the hardtop has not arrived yet (they expect it Tuesday at the earliest. Since it's winter, I don't want to drive it back and forth, so I guess I'll have to wait until mid to late next week to bring her home.... sigh.....

But you can bet I'll be there 9AM tomorrow waiting to see her!

JonasM
Old 02-14-2002, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by JonasM
Talk about the car to your wife until she doesn't want to hear it anymore.
This is sooo true...my wife is going to kill me if I ask her or tell her one more thing about the car.
Old 02-14-2002, 07:59 PM

I promised myself for Valentine's Day that I wouldn't say a word about the car to her all day.... then she goes and tells me about the message on the answering machine about the car being at the dealers.... Damn, can't win no matter how hard you try...

JonasM
Old 02-14-2002, 08:24 PM

JonasM,

Congrats, make sure you inform the dealership that you have written down the mileage so that there are no unwanted test drives
Old 02-15-2002, 05:54 AM

JonasM,
Congrats on your car. I'm amazed at how patient you are. I would have just taken the car, but that's just me. I think redhead has a good point. make sure to document the mileage so the dealer doesn't use it for anything. She's already spoken for, remember?
Old 02-15-2002, 08:41 AM

Well, I went to see her this morning (She was stored indoors overnight) :

The highlighted letters on the note say "Please see me Before P.D.I."

The salesman was pretty cool about it when I presented him with my version of the Dealer Letter (in the FAQ), and they've been following my instructions pretty well so far. I'll be speaking with the salesman in about an hour about whether I'll pick her up tomorrow or wait until the hardtop is ready. I don't want to be driving back and forth if the weather is crappy, but better to bring her home and keep her out of the weather if they'll have to keep driving her in and out every day......

JonasM
Old 02-16-2002, 07:26 PM

JonasM,

First of all, congrats on the car. Go get that thing, I can't stand the thought of your car sitting at the dealer!!!

I was wondering, do you know what the build date was for your your car? I am trying to figure out about how much time it is currently taking for S's to get to the dealer. My build date was supposed to be 2/12. I hope to get the car early in March before I miss more of these nice days down here in GA!

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2002, 07:59 PM

I went over to the dealer today - she's sitting all wrapped and pretty in one of the repair bays, kept snug and warm. I think I can trust these guys - I showed them the dealer letter from the FAQ (with my modifications) and they didn't bat an eye. So far, they're following my instructions to the letter and are being nice about it. Jeff, my salesman, even mentioned that he won't staple his card to the owner's manual, assuming that I'd like to keep it clean..... what a guy - he gets it!

We're having a snowstorm at this moment, but it's supposed to be partly sunny Monday, so after I help the technician with the PDI at 8AM, I'll be driving her home.

As to time elapsed, the boat supposedly left Japan on the 23rd of January, arriving at the dealer here in Ohio last Thursday (the 14th). Just over 3 weeks. I'd guess 2-4 days to build, ship within a few days of that (this is the biggest unknown for me), then maybe 3 weeks. Sounds like maybe 2nd week of March if my assumptions are correct. I haven't been able to find out the actual build date for my car, so that's the weakest part of the numbers.

Once you get a VIN, PM Utah S2K he can pinpoint it to within 48 hours or so (he guessed 2 days after Valentine's day - it came 2 days earlier.)

You haven't got long to wait - hang in there!

(Look at me talking - tomorrow's going to be one of the longest days of my life!)

JonasM
Old 02-16-2002, 08:44 PM

CONGRATS, JonasM! I guarantee you are gonna love your car! I'm coming up on the one year anniversary of my delivery (February 27, 2001) and it still feels like I just got her yesterday ! We picked her up in Denver which is 70 miles from where we live and had to drive her home in spitting snow at 7:00 in the evening...but she stayed clean...a little nerve racking though. So, enjoy, stay outta the snow, and come on out to Colorado this summer for some truly stunning Rocky Mountain Drives...there are a great group of owners here that I'm sure would be happy to give you the tour, including me!