S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Seeking Your Opinion On Side Strakes

Old 12-28-2003 | 01:30 PM
Member (Premium)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ludedude
Old 12-28-2003 | 06:02 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lig
You guys are dancing on WRS2Ks grave already?
Old 12-28-2003 | 08:42 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lig
Originally posted by Ludedude
Old 12-28-2003 | 09:07 PM
Member (Premium)

it's good to have the s2ki big dawgs talking some sense in support of me although i'm sure they must have somereservations in saying anything that's even close to the vicinity of pro-WRS2K.

let's see if this gentleman from Vegas can back up his talk. strike 1? pls. i don't play baseball and this site is bigger than u, mr. moderator. show us what u got.

and you darkknight, you and i have talked on the phone before. you graciously tried to hook me up with a deal on my 2nd S2000 with one of your local Honda contacts. this was even before you got yours in your garage. so i know you're a nice guy, but understand that what i say about your car is about your car, not about you as a human being. why you guys can't handle that is beyond me.

oh yeah, honda side strakes rule. just make sure the installer knows that the two holes u need to drill are of diff sizes. read the instructions.
Old 12-28-2003 | 09:37 PM
Administrator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
Old 12-28-2003 | 09:59 PM

Because I feel the way you put things towards others is just uncalled for.

Don't think I hate you or something but you really need to think before you speak "type". Like I've told others in the past if you think what your about to say is going to piss a bunch of people off then it might be best not to say it. Or if someone said something you might disagree with fine state that you disagree without acting/being combative about it. Then forget about it. Take the high road and act like an adult, and if that person wants to talk to himself about it and act like a tool, and treat others like garage...well fine... some moderator here will be glad to fix his/her wagon.

We all say things we wish we hadn't, I'm not expection to that, however "I" feel you do it way to often and with complete disregard for others. And believe me its not just the mods that feel that way about you. Some of the poeple you know, feel that way about you. Your just very very rough around the edges with the way you treat others. From what I understand your not like that otherwise only here on the site.

Just maybe think about others before you start typing. People bashing each other or treating someone like crap has begun to happen a lot around here and its going to stop. For reference those aren't my words however I totally agree with them. Some people here need too grow up and act like an adult, if that can't do that fine but go act like a jerk somewhere else.

As basic as this is "If you don't have something nice or useful to say then don't say anything"....Or if you don't like the way someone modified their car fine just do that person a favor and don't say anything they woorked lo0ng and hard to make "THEIR" car look the way "THEY" like it. If they ask for your opinion, I can say with almost a certainty they really don't need to read how much you really don't like their car or their car doesn't meet "your" standards... just simpily state its not your taste and leave it at that.

I'm done....
Old 12-28-2003 | 10:23 PM
Member (Premium)

but you're not done. you read what i say and you are addicted. you remember things i say and can't let go.

if i say things about someone's car because it looks like crap and if someone informs another user about something that's not anywhere near the vicinity of truth , i'm gonna say what i gotta say. this will not change.

but you will never see me even casually throw around the word Jap even if I become a citizen of the United Kingdom. you will never see me question anyone's sexuality or blurt out homophobic comments. you will never get me in involved in a political discussion, especially on the net. you will never see me harp on any religion. cuz u know why? these things have nothing the fock to do with the S2000. but guess what, this kind of talk occurs every damn day here on this very site you want sterlized/conditional freedom o' speeched.

so quit coming at me with "i hear you're nicer in person why can't you be the same online" BS. i don't owe anyone anything here unless i choose to see it that way.

and if u want see to the bye bye, again, quit being a lazy ass drooling over mille miglias and put some action behind them words.

warmest regards,
Old 12-28-2003 | 11:06 PM
Former Moderator

To get this back on topic, I personally think the side strakes (and most rocker panels in body kits) look pretty bad on the S. So far I've seen one kit with rockers that I think lend anything to the lines of the S and that's the kit that RyanITV has on his car...and even HE needed to modify them to clean them up to look smooth.

I like the factory front lip and trunk spoilers, but not really sure what they were doing with the side strakes. Don't mind them as much on a Berlina, because you just don't notice them, but on any other color they don't really do anything for the lines IMHO.
Old 12-28-2003 | 11:32 PM

i have em i think there nice.........but i hate that they made a hole in the body =(
Old 12-28-2003 | 11:47 PM
Administrator

The hole in the body is no different than drilling the holes in the trunk lid for the factory rear spoiler. If done properly and with care to not leave any unpainted metal exposed then it's not a big deal. If they're mounted according to the directions they shouldn't give you any trouble in the long run.

I really think they look like a complete afterthought though, and totally ruin the lines of the lower body.

Quick Reply: Seeking Your Opinion On Side Strakes