S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Secret Compartment Reliability

Old 06-28-2010, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JLUDE,Jun 28 2010, 04:31 AM
Only someone with something to hide is going to deny them a search without a warrant. Then if they have to go through the trouble of getting a warrant they ARE GOING TO BOOK YOU FOR SOMETHING because you just really pissed them off.

I have nothing to hide and would gladly let a nosy cop snoop around in my car. It's all legal.
I wouldn't let a cop randomly search my car just because he wanted to. I know there's nothing illegal in it, but that doesn't mean he won't 'find' anything. Most cops think they can do anything they want. I know my rights. AHe's not searching shit without probable cause.
Plus, it's just a waste of my time.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:30 AM

Received 416 Likes on 239 Posts

My secret compartment buffed right out.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mike21,Jun 28 2010, 09:01 AM
I wouldn't let a cop randomly search my car just because he wanted to. I know there's nothing illegal in it, but that doesn't mean he won't 'find' anything. Most cops think they can do anything they want. I know my rights. AHe's not searching shit without probable cause.
Plus, it's just a waste of my time.
Quoted for bringing the TROOTH.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:45 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

All the "secret" compartments are negated if they bring in a drug dog.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by JLUDE,Jun 28 2010, 07:31 AM
Only someone with something to hide is going to deny them a search without a warrant. Then if they have to go through the trouble of getting a warrant they ARE GOING TO BOOK YOU FOR SOMETHING because you just really pissed them off.

I have nothing to hide and would gladly let a nosy cop snoop around in my car. It's all legal.
WOW! You have got to be kidding me! Why would you ever give a police officer the right to step above you like that with or without cause? I like how you state that it's legal, did you ever consider the fact that the officer is wanting to search your car to find a reason to take your a$$ to jail? not becasue he nosy, its because he thinks your a crook?
Old 06-28-2010, 07:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HonCBRf2,Jun 28 2010, 02:37 AM
why did you let them search the car to begin with...4th amendment look it up.
Have had bad experiences in the past. Whatever it takes to get the pigs on their way in the easiest fashion is what I do.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:53 AM

If the thing you are hiding is well hidden it is much easier to consent to a search then to piss the cop off. Once you piss him off he know your being a dick or you are hiding something. Then he gets the dogs and then really tears youre car apart. If your polite and shit and just say yes to the first search they hardly even do a search its kind of like a quick look around.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by mchau101,Jun 28 2010, 06:46 AM
WOW! You have got to be kidding me! Why would you ever give a police officer the right to step above you like that with or without cause? I like how you state that it's legal, did you ever consider the fact that the officer is wanting to search your car to find a reason to take your a$$ to jail? not becasue he nosy, its because he thinks your a crook?
1. I was stating that (my shit) is all legal. Not that an unwarranted search is legal but denying them a search will just piss them off and then they will at very least ticket you for some petty shit (probably an equipment violation or some traffic law you supposedly broke before the pulled you over).

2. Personally I would never come across to an officer as an individual who by his actions or appearance if his car is hiding something illegal. The only way my car would be searched would be if I was mistaken for someone else in a convertible Honda.

3. I know I have the right to deny a search but why? I've been in a friend's car when they searched it and all they did was dig through the glove box, look under the seats and in the trunk....60 seconds later we were done. Would you rather spend an hour waiting for them to get a warrant and then STILL search your car?

Unless you're doing something illegal I don't see why you would go through that hassle.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:24 AM

If a cop wants to search your car, he is going to search it. If you think you can just deny them and then be sent on your way, you're kidding yourself.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:36 AM

Hand over ze papers, subject!

Quick Reply: Secret Compartment Reliability