S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Sebring or Silverstone

Old 02-27-2005, 05:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sebring or Silverstone

Well, I have been waiting for three years and the time has finally arrived(I got my first online dealer quote on a 2002). I am ready to purchase my new 2005 S2000.
I have decided I will purchase at any price under invoice and really under $30K.
Here's my delimma, I thought I would buy the Silverstone with Red/Black, but I saw a Sebring with Red/Black at the dealership. The Sebring looked great, but I did not have a Silverstone next to it to compare. The Silverstone is more popular, so the Sebring would be different. Which color will holdup best and not show dirt(dings)? I know that I will get opinions on both sides and I will have to make the decision. I would just like to hear opinions on both sides. By the way, I will become a full member upon purchase(couple of weeks).
Old 02-27-2005, 05:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

both colors will look great! sebring shows dirt. not as bad as white or any other colors, but it will show and it will bug you...because sebring color has the pearlish feel to it, it'll look dull when it's dirty. BUT once you clean it, you can't really get the brightness out of it as if you would out of white.

sebring is less "playd out" than silverstone. silverstone is everywhere!!!
Old 02-27-2005, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by dhwkns,Feb 27 2005, 09:43 AM
I have decided I will purchase at any price under invoice and really under $30K.
You don't need any help picking out a color yet, then.

But when you decide it really IS time to get an S2000, get Sebring.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:06 AM

The sebring is lighter . . . . significantly.

Think of this way . . . if you're one of those people who never would own a black car because it is hard to keep clean, get sebring.

If you're one of those people that loves black and doesn't mind the cleaning maintenance, but just want something different try silverstone.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by billyho96,Feb 27 2005, 10:06 AM
just want something different so silverstone.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by dave22,Feb 27 2005, 09:09 AM
different than black
Old 02-27-2005, 06:21 AM

Here's how I see it. If you like the Moonrock, Silverstone is the closest thing offered in US.
But if you like White but without the hassel of cleaning it all the time, Sebring offers that when it's clean (close to white), but doesn't show the dirt as much when dirty.
What I'm trying to say is, they're both good. You can't go wrong. If I were to buy silver, I would be happy with either one.
If the dealership only has one color and you are happy with either one, you could use that for your benefits. Just tell them that you were REALLY looking for the silverstone, but you are WILLING to take the sebring off their hands if they were to go for $_______. (You fill in the blank, $29,500?, etc.)
Old 02-27-2005, 07:28 AM

Sebring may show dirt more, but depending on where you live and when you drive it, Silverstone probably shows salt more.

Silverstone is closer to asphalt colored. This makes it slightly less likely to be the car that happens to get a radar trained on it. On the other hand, it also means you have to be a little more careful to drive defensively and "watch out for the other guy" that may not see you.

But there isn't a big difference ... and for that matter, I think both colors look different under different conditions. What's most important is which color you like better.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No doubt about it........

SILVERSTONE!!!!

Sebring looks like a Silverstone that has faded by being out in the sun too long....
Old 02-27-2005, 07:47 AM

I would go with Silverstone.. But then again, I am bias

Quick Reply: Sebring or Silverstone