S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Sebring Silver vs. New Formula Red: Cops and car care

Old 05-08-2002, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sebring Silver vs. New Formula Red: Cops and car care

Hi, all. I'm not an S2K owner yet, but hope to be one very soon.

I'm trying to decide between a 2002 Sebring Silver and a New Formula Red and was wondering if, in your experience, one color was significantly easier to care for and keep clean.

I doubt I will have the time to clean and wax my car with the zeal of some enthusiasts on this forum; probably twice a month at best. So I'm trying to figure out which color would hold up best between washes.

Also, is there any truth to the myth that the cops like to stop and ticket red cars more than silver ones?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I cannot believe a forum like this even exists--it's so great to see such a devoted community of S2K fans.
Old 05-08-2002, 08:39 AM

I have a red. The silver will definitely be easier to maintain since it will hide imperfections/scratched better.
Old 05-08-2002, 09:50 AM

i got silver for that reason! not to mention i like the sebring silver color ...

and cops like red ... i think they are just myths ...
i think it's more like how much you fixed up your car and how you drive ... duh ...
Old 05-08-2002, 09:57 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by iwantmys2k
[B]Hi, all. I'm not an S2K owner yet, but hope to be one very soon.
Old 05-08-2002, 10:21 AM

Silver is much easier to keep clean LOOKING.
I have a Silverstone and love it. In 2002 the Silverstone is not available so if was buying my car now I'll buy a RED with Black interior. Good luck
Old 05-08-2002, 10:23 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

I wash mine often, since I prefer to store it with the OEM cover on it, but dirt really doesn't show on the Silver, especially when it's just a fine coating of road dust - unless someone swipes a finger along the pain ( ) you can barely tell the dirt's there.

I think any color of S2000 gets too much police attention - I find more than the usual attention even in the silver - I guess Red might only make that worse.

When it comes down to it, get the color you want. Red isn't that bed to keep clean (my last 2 cars were red), just not as easy as the silver. If it's a bit of reciness you're after, get the silver, but with the RED interior!

JonasM
Old 05-08-2002, 01:04 PM

I had the same dilemma, I decided to go with red! How old are you? That might be a factor, I see alot of older guys/gals in silvers. I'm 22 the red fits perfectly. Ahhlot of l@@ks!

The main reason I got the red ( and this is jut my opinion) was that I thought the car looks fast standing in this color. Silver too me was too quiet. After TDing the car I wanted it to look as fast and as exciting as it felt!

Congrats, after having this car for only two months, I can honestly say that with any color you are still going to be smiling a lot!
Old 05-08-2002, 01:29 PM

the color red is like a black sheep amongst cars...red sticks out like a sore thumb no matter what kinda car you drive
Old 05-08-2002, 01:36 PM

All your replies are correct in my opinion.
Old 05-08-2002, 01:37 PM

Or the Red sheep of the family!

Quick Reply: Sebring Silver vs. New Formula Red: Cops and car care