S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

seat theives in S. florida

Old 02-22-2008, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Australia, "[a] man who broke into a house and attacked the home owner when he was discovered has launched a civil action against his victim for compensation." Shane Colburn says he is still suffering "physically and emotionally" from the aftermath of the 1997 incident, in which he scuffled with Peter Vucetic and Giavanna Grah and was attacked by the couple's dogs. ("The thief who sued his victim", Daily Telegraph (NSW, Australia), Nov. 17).

Also, http://www.wisn.com/news/9950016/detail.html
Old 02-22-2008, 11:42 AM

Any judge or jury that sides with those punks should be violated just the same then hung.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by dr.darkness,Feb 22 2008, 12:11 PM
I think the cops should start checking these guys for proof of purchase if not impound thier car, if they know they will loose thier cars if they can't prove they're lagit then maybe it'll stop or at least slow down.
hmm. Somewhere in Cali they crush street racer's cars if they find any part numbers that go back to stolen cars. The newspaper was interviewing some guy that was getting his car crushed because it had a stolen transmission. They have to get caught racing on the street first though.

I wish they checked motor and trans numbers on cars in the car shows and at the races. I figure a good percentage of those cars have stolen parts.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

too bad s2k seats dont have any ID numbers or markings
Old 02-22-2008, 12:50 PM

[QUOTE=nearwater4me,Feb 22 2008, 12:12 PM] ^ Then I should make sure he's dead.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nearwater4me,Feb 22 2008, 03:12 PM
^ Then I should make sure he's dead.
Seriously though, what if he broke into my garage?

Dan
Florida subscribes (or at least it did several yrs ago) to something called the "Castle Doctrine." Bascially, what that means is u can use deadly force (i.e. shoot someone) if they invade ur home. Normally, u can only use deadly force if u r in fear of serious bodily harm.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:55 PM

No NO don't kill the thief. Instead of one shot to the head put two shots in each kneecap.
Your going to be happy you got'm and he's going to be ecstatic to still be alive.
win -win situation for everyone.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:00 PM

Anybody every try installing Lojack into their seats? Wondering how useful this would be.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by bigpurp,Feb 22 2008, 05:39 PM
Florida subscribes (or at least it did several yrs ago) to something called the "Castle Doctrine." Bascially, what that means is u can use deadly force (i.e. shoot someone) if they invade ur home. Normally, u can only use deadly force if u r in fear of serious bodily harm.
True. But only florida and a few select other states have adopted this. Even then you will still be arrested and charged with homicide. When in court, you would have the burden to prove that the homicide was justified based on satisfying all the elements of the castle doctrine. At that point, the trier of fact must determine whether you have satisfied the burden.

Point is --> NEVER USE DEADLY FORCE TO DEFEND PROPERTY! Seriously, its not worth it unless you dont care about being arrested, having a criminal record, spending months in courts, and thousands of dollars in legal fees.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by newspeed,Feb 22 2008, 09:13 PM
True. But only florida and a few select other states have adopted this. Even then you will still be arrested and charged with homicide. When in court, you would have the burden to prove that the homicide was justified based on satisfying all the elements of the castle doctrine. At that point, the trier of fact must determine whether you have satisfied the burden.

Point is --> NEVER USE DEADLY FORCE TO DEFEND PROPERTY! Seriously, its not worth it unless you dont care about being arrested, having a criminal record, spending months in courts, and thousands of dollars in legal fees.
Listen, by no means am I advocating that u shoot someone for invading your home. YOU do what u feel is necessary to protect ur property and ur family. I can tell u this tho: u come into MY house uninvited and refuse to leave after being properly "warned" -- u WILL get shot. Period.

As far as legal fees, burdens of proof and convincing a trier of fact, I guess I'm fortunate in that regard: it's what I do for a living.

Quick Reply: seat theives in S. florida