S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Seat Stolen

Old 06-29-2009, 06:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Stolen

Unfortunately in May I had my beautiful blue seats stolen right in front of my home. Stupid me, I didn't have a great alarm, nor did I have seat locks either. I had the car for 6 yrs and had no trouble of any kind. (It takes only once) Well I went out to the car at 2:30 am, since I work crazy hours and noticed the car was tampered with. I opened the door and the seats were gone. Yes gone. I was devastated. Well, I had to call the police which couldn't do nothing. I had the car towed. Was at the body shop for a month getting the car back together. Dont be a victim. Get a proximety alarm system, and some seat locks. On your seats engrave your vin number so if they do get them they can"t SELL THEM. There are seat locks available for these cars, if you know how to get them. I had to spend some time on the internet to figure it out. Its big business for these thieves to target these cars and one day it will be your turn. My insurance had to pay out $9.000 and I had to pay $500 for the deductible. However if the car gets too much older, they will just total the car for the cost of the seats and that would be shameful and sad to put a car like that down for the cost of seats and top.

Barbara
Old 06-29-2009, 06:30 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

That stinks, can you tell the differance in the new seats?
Oh, just noticed, welcome to the site!
Levi
Old 06-29-2009, 07:07 AM

Where are you located?
Old 06-29-2009, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by barbara4044,Jun 29 2009, 09:07 AM
Unfortunately in May I had my beautiful blue seats stolen right in front of my home. Stupid me, I didn't have a great alarm, nor did I have seat locks either. I had the car for 6 yrs and had no trouble of any kind. (It takes only once) Well I went out to the car at 2:30 am, since I work crazy hours and noticed the car was tampered with. I opened the door and the seats were gone. Yes gone. I was devastated. Well, I had to call the police which couldn't do nothing. I had the car towed. Was at the body shop for a month getting the car back together. Dont be a victim. Get a proximety alarm system, and some seat locks. On your seats engrave your vin number so if they do get them they can"t SELL THEM. There are seat locks available for these cars, if you know how to get them. I had to spend some time on the internet to figure it out. Its big business for these thieves to target these cars and one day it will be your turn. My insurance had to pay out $9.000 and I had to pay $500 for the deductible. However if the car gets too much older, they will just total the car for the cost of the seats and that would be shameful and sad to put a car like that down for the cost of seats and top.

Barbara
Thanks for the heads up but this is a common problem here and kokodan_4 actually sells the seat locks made by McGuard. An alarm would help too though. And it is very common for ap1s to get totaled for seat theft as the thieves usually cut the top to get into the car.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by barbara4044,Jun 29 2009, 06:07 AM

Barbara
its crazy isnt it? well there are less expensive aftermarket seats out there that would also look good in our cars
Old 06-29-2009, 08:22 AM

Received 64 Likes on 25 Posts

i always thought that since my seats are blue noone would want to steal them, I bought a hardtop anyways
Old 07-02-2009, 07:17 AM

Wow, $9K! Hate to say it, but you probably made out in a good way. Good luck getting everything back together.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuka_Joe,Jun 29 2009, 09:22 AM
i always thought that since my seats are blue noone would want to steal them, I bought a hardtop anyways
if i have the blue seats, i would think the same way too.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by ponq,Jun 29 2009, 07:07 AM
Where are you located?
I am in Florida where they have a bad problem with this.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuka_Joe,Jun 29 2009, 08:22 AM
Well maybe thats one reason they didnt get stolen till now. I am sure the black seats are the most popular. The new ones do look good. I am pleased with the work they did.

Quick Reply: Seat Stolen