S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Seat back lexan plugs (finally), pics, and some test results

Old 03-16-2001, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really, a bengal tiger? From Flow International? That's the same place my old company got theirs from. 50k psi of water shooting through a .013 orifice into a .040 mixing tube is pretty impressive. It had a 4'x8' cutting table, intensifier pump, can't remember what the name of it was, eagle? It's been a while. Haha, did get a free company paid trip to Detroit though. Made some pits stops across the border to Windsor to see the Canadian ballet...
Old 03-16-2001, 09:28 AM

Actually most of what we cut on the machine was steel. Depending on what speed you used it would leave a bevel, especially with 1/2" or 5/8".
Old 03-16-2001, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats kind of neat. I guess the head cushions that Rick makes would have this affect too.

All this wind can get annoying, but I found a solution that blocks 99.9% of the wind and its factory standard.

Seriously- once I saw a Mercedes convertible with a giant wind-screen that looked like one of those black mesh stationary garbage cans you see in parks unrolled and put behind both the driver and passenger seats on what looked like a crudely fashioned roll bar that extended to the tops of the seats.

All I could think was "Ahhh, this is the perfect car for this driver. I guess the trash goes on the inside?" Why would someone buy a convertible and them put a huge fence behind them? They'd be better of with a sun-roof or some domestic with T-Tops.

-B
Old 03-16-2001, 09:32 AM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Rich,

I am definitely in for these, but here's a suggestion some may be interested.

remember when Rick's windscreen used to come with the "S2000" italicized logo laser printed on them? Do you think people would be interested in getting logos printed into the these little gems? In fact, I am waiting for Rick to post the designs of the Rick's designer hood emblems.

If the designs come out the way Rick's been hyping them, maybe those designs could be printed onto the headrest wind screens. (I now thee dub these the Ming Screens....kinda has a nice sound to it).

Let me know. . .if you need a test guinea pig for these Ming Screens, or any other Mingster product.
Old 03-16-2001, 09:43 AM

Urmil, as long as the design is not a copyright thing, I can laser etch anything you want (almost) at whatever that company charges. I know Rick's S2000 logo on the windscreen is great and very beautiful, but having a sister who's an intellectual properties attorney can be devastating to your dashes of hopes when she tells you horror stories of what big company lawyers can squeeze out of people. I incorporated my little company to reduce risk to my family, but as an officer I'm not immune to lawsuits over those things, so I have to be REAL careful about that. I remember at the SEMA show I heard that the Honda people were plenty worked up about Rick's screen's S2000 logo, and that's just something I don't need to hear for my products.

But if you want your honey's name or whatever etched onto it, that's fine. Also, you could always "do it for yourself" and get the etching done afterwards without me in the process, know what I mean?
Old 03-16-2001, 11:16 AM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Rich,

I totally understand your viewpoint on copyrighted brands and trademarks. But if you and Rick could work something out on the new S2K emblem, I'm sure that the majority of the folks that buy these would be interested (given that the design picked is liked by the general S2K populus).

As far as getting the etching done on my own, I figure I just let you bother with it, seeing that you already have "your people" to do it. This way I don't have to get up from my desk to find an organization I call, "my people". In fact, my people so far are Import Development and Ricks2k.com

HMMMMMM, get my honey's name etched into the passenger side Ming Screen. . .birthday gift idea. Rich, is this a borrowed idea from what you gave your wife?

PS. I hope that you don't mind that I call these Ming Screens. After my last post, I thought that it my show a conflict of interest with you seeing that there is another board member that goes by the name Ming. Then I thought RMing Screens (again, good ring to the sound of the name), however, the "RM" in RMing can be confused with RM Racing.
Old 03-16-2001, 12:22 PM

Richard,

Looks great and I'm definately in! They'd work great for those 40 degree sunny top down days here in WI.

Also, for attachment purposes, I would think a rubber type ring around the outside and perhaps two small holes drilled in the middle someplace so you could use a cable tie to secure it to the mesh. If you wanted to take it out it would only cost you another cable tie. ?!?

[Edited by RU2KREDY on 03-16-2001 at 01:24 PM]
Old 03-16-2001, 01:49 PM

These look great. Count me in. How soon before we could get out hands on a set.