S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

SCREW the glass rear window!

Old 11-02-2001, 03:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on the Silverstone. I absolutely love Silverstone. I, too, thought I'd be disappointed in the new Sebring Silver. But after seeing the two cars together at the dealership, I actually prefer Sebring Silver. It suits the car so well!! I'm glad I waited until '02.
Old 11-02-2001, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Station
Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on the Silverstone. I absolutely love Silverstone. I, too, thought I'd be disappointed in the new Sebring Silver. But after seeing the two cars together at the dealership, I actually prefer Sebring Silver. It suits the car so well!! I'm glad I waited until '02.
I was able to see both the Silverstone and Sebring side-by-side this past weekend. I really do like the Silverstone, a lot. The Sebring also looks excellent on this car. I would love to see both of them again in full sunlight.

I'll bet the Sebring looks amazing when in full sun.
Old 11-02-2001, 05:14 PM

MY rear window is as clear as air..........not glass. I took a fillet knife to it and no more Plexus for me..........................gets a little airish below 40F though.............
Old 11-02-2001, 05:16 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah! Screw the rear glass window. . .

Oh. . .damn. . .sorry!
Old 11-02-2001, 05:17 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by honda_s2k

I'll bet the Sebring looks amazing when in full sun.
Yes it does. . .I'll take some pics of mine this weekend and post them for you!
Old 11-02-2001, 05:21 PM

Screw the glass window!
A coat of wax on my plastic one and I'm good to go, go, go!

And what's all this crap about the Sebring Silver vs. Silverstone?
Everyone knows that WHITE shows the lines of the car much better!!

AND, prior to '02, you don't have to put up with being REDed to death!
Old 11-02-2001, 05:59 PM

this is like getting pissed off about computers getting upgraded soon after you buy one... what is the big deal? you bought a car in it's best incarnation at that time, and for that time it was the best - something new has come out, and people are whining that they don't have what's "new." that's why it's called "new!" and, according to honda, most of these changes were from customer feedback, so not only did you tell honda what you wanted to see, but you're complaining now that they did it! i don't get it. don't try to convince us that you don't like the improvements (and make no mistake, they are just that) - if it means that much to you, trade up for an '02. otherwise, let it go. just my $.02 - *gets off soapbox feeling better*
Old 11-02-2001, 06:30 PM

I don't like the way the glass looks with the top up. Our plastic looks better. Looks like a Saab rear window. Have you seen those? They are ugly.

I don't care for the chrome accents. I prefer our "matte" look.

My '01 transmission has never given me any problems. It is buttery smooth. If it did give me headaches, I'd want an '02.

I don't care for the Silverstone, but I prefer it over the plain silver. I love silver on the Euro sedans, but for some reason, it just looks plain jane on a small ass car like the S2000. And them big amber turn signals totally clash big time with both S2000 silvers.

But, hey, to each his own.
Old 11-02-2001, 08:16 PM

I'm just having a little fun and venting at the same time. I guess I would take a glass window if Honda would put one in for free. But I am sticking with the fact that I like the silverstone the best and I like my red/black interior the best. So even if I wanted to trade up for a 2002, which I can't after only 6 months of ownership, I wouldn't be able to get the color combo I wanted originally.

So I'm happy, and great choice to all the 2002 owners. Glad to have you aboard.
Old 11-02-2001, 08:40 PM

After seeing the 2002, I do like the glass window. But from previous expierence w/ my 96 Eclipse GST Spyder--I'm actually glad I have the plastic window. To me it is not worth loosing money trying to buy the same car just for the glass window. It is especially hard now since I've sunck about 2500.00 in upgrades. And I drive mine everyday!

Quick Reply: SCREW the glass rear window!