S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

SC owners,,,, small Q.

Old 04-14-2004, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC owners,,,, small Q.

I need a simple & clear answer,

Are you really happy and satisfied from the power which you get from the SC?

cuz I saw many here in S2ki tuning their SC " Polly, Nos, big after cooler"

Why are you tuning your SC?

Almost you will get 350 HP "I think" from having SC in the S, is it not what r you looking for?

Or you don
Old 04-14-2004, 01:09 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I love my SC, but too much is never enough.

I've already upgraded the boost and replaced the tuning system with an E-manage.

But I have plans for further upgrades. I'd eventually like to add the aftercooler and AEM engine management unit.

But I do all my work myself. I'm not one to drop my car off at the shop and leave a blank cheque. For me there is as much pleasure from the installation as the driving.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:58 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Mine was a DIY (@Home) Vortech kit that has never been tuned or "tweaked" or upgraded or "improved" upon. With many people, that saying about "absolute power corrupting" is quite true and applicable. I've done that in my past and am no longer in this catagory but I understand the concept so I'm not about to put anyone down for it.
I thoroughly enjoy the extra little bit of punch that my car puts out and am quite satisfied with the way it performs. The kit has run flawlessly for over a year now and the whole car runs so well (knock on wood) that I'm almost giddy. I'm not about to mess with a good thing. Past experience has shown me that as soon as you mess with a good thing, the "messing" just never ends.
If you are the type who just cannot leave a good thing alone, then do NOT get a S/C. The 2 available kits that are currently sold for this car do such a great job right out of the box, that to change something would only lead to the need to change (or tune) more things. If you can simply put such a kit on and drive down the road happy as is, then do it. As I've always said, this is your choice alone. Let your own conscience be your guide. Don't necessarily let anything we say make that decision for you.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:04 AM
Doc

I'm perfectly satisfied with the SC. It has improved my driving experience tremendously...and I currently am running just the "Out Of Box" setup and am satisfied.

That being said, I agree with the others...once you feel it, you get addicted...

MORE POWER! MORE POWER! MORE POWER!

You just can't help wanting to see what else this little car can do.

You won't be dissapointed if you go with the SC.

JJ
Old 04-14-2004, 09:37 AM

i really want to get a SC, i am just afraid that something will go wrong... i am not all that car savvy, but i am hoping to start learning some things. would you guys say that this is a fairly easy install? do you know if honda would install it for me?
Old 04-14-2004, 10:32 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nyxnox
i really want to get a SC, i am just afraid that something will go wrong...
Old 04-14-2004, 02:19 PM

the car is 10 times more fun to drive and gets way more attention. get it!!!
Old 04-14-2004, 02:24 PM

I'm very happy with the power. I'm planning on having some tuning done down the road, but not for more power. I'll be doing it for safety purposes. I've got 50K miles on my motor and I don't want to go leaning it out now. I can't afford it
Old 04-14-2004, 02:48 PM

hehe dude, look up my 'sc install for dummies' thread. if i can do it, anyone can, and you'll see exactly how car unsavvy i am in that post where my friend and i did the sc and ac install all on our lonesomes. i was a wee bit worried, but in the end, all went well, and i learned A LOT.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:00 PM

wortham - yea i checked out your page. you give me hope! i hope to do this eventually, perhaps i can locate a honda service dept that can help me out, and keep a good warranty

Quick Reply: SC owners,,,, small Q.