S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

sales weasel quoted me $34,860...

Old 06-26-2002, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe you're not approaching with a serious intent to buy? i had no problem getting almost all the south Bay dealerships to sell @ MSRP. unfortunately none of them had the color I wanted.
Old 06-26-2002, 02:31 PM

Basically, what I told them was this. "Hi, I'd like to buy an S2000, within the month. What can you do for me as far as price goes?"...and they gave me that price $37,860). Honestly, I'd be just as happy to get a slightly used one, because I am only 18, and why do I need a brand new, expensive vehicle? Yes, I admit that even a slightly used one is expensive, but not nearly as expensive as a new one . So, in the mean time, I'm looking for one that has about 10k miles on it or less, silverstone metallic w/ red and black leather. That's fine for me, as long as it's an S2000, I'm a happy camper .
Old 06-26-2002, 02:32 PM

MSRP is 32,400 right?

Stevens creek blvd Honda is selling a silver/black S2000 (unless they sold it yesturday) for that price. All of the s2000's I have seen there are going for the same price.

Also, when will the 2003 S2000's be available to buy? And what will MSRP be on those (if anyone knows).
Old 06-26-2002, 02:36 PM

I thought Stevens Creek had a $5K markup on that silver/black one (it was in the showroom right)? Got there late and everyone looked like they are getting anxious to go home, though, so maybe I didn't talk to the right person.
Old 06-26-2002, 02:39 PM

Well I was there the day befor yesturday. And it is marked for 32,400. As all of the other S2000's I have seen there are.

He told me the price would be about 35,000 incuding tax and licence. Pretty nice price.
Old 06-26-2002, 02:47 PM

Thanks for all the feedback guys. This is what I figured. I have not had time to contact other dealerships. I am still in the process of trying to sell my current vehicle. I just wanted to see what this guy would quote me.

I'll either buy from another dealership or use them as leverage with the current one. Thanks again.

GundamZ,
Thanks for the offer. If I buy silver, I want the 03 Silverstone, so if I end up buying a 02 I'll go with red. But I might just PM you when it's time to do the deal. thanks.
Old 06-26-2002, 02:48 PM

Oh and yes it was in the show room.

I will not buy from that dealer though when my time comes. They are not helpful to me at all.
The ones who do TRY or ACT like they are paying attention can't speak english well. So, I think I will take my buisness elsewhere. I just don't feel welcome there.
Old 06-26-2002, 02:50 PM

Thanks for all the feedback guys. This is what I figured. I have not had time to contact other dealerships. I am still in the process of trying to sell my current vehicle. I just wanted to see what this guy would quote me.

I'll either buy from another dealership or use them as leverage with the current one. Thanks again.

GundamZ,
Thanks for the offer. If I buy silver, I want the 03 Silverstone, so if I end up buying a 02 I'll go with red. But I might just PM you when it's time to do the deal. thanks.
Old 06-26-2002, 02:52 PM

GundamZ,
Old 06-26-2002, 05:01 PM

I feel your pain...I didn't get one dealership quoting me MSRP in the Bay Area (is it because I'm a chick?!? or because I was unwilling to negotiate on color?). I even got laughed at several times when I requested MSRP and cost on my spoiler.

I finally pitted fleet managers from different dealerships against each other and Oakland gave me what I wanted.

Quick Reply: sales weasel quoted me $34,860...