S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Sadist ahole stole my radio antenna

Old 09-09-2002, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sadist ahole stole my radio antenna

...I parked my s2k at my usual place and some ahole stole the antenna. Initially thought it got lose and fell out but there was a scratch on the paint.....

Does anyone have idea how much does it cost to get a new one? Is there any upgrade to antenna?
Old 09-09-2002, 05:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea it sucks - happened to me about 2 months ago. A new antenna cost me about $15 from my local dealership. I think they're even cheaper at www.HandA-accessories.com. The time it got stolen was the one time I brought it to the mall. I usually never bring it to malls/movie theatres. When I do leave the car in a public place for awhile, I just unscrew the antenna and throw it in the trunk. It's no big deal, only takes a few seconds. Some people super glue the antenna on, but I don't think that's a good idea because somebody will try to steal it anyway. If the antenna isn't there, there's nothing to steal.
Old 09-09-2002, 05:54 PM

Use "Loc-Tight Blue" on your new antenna.

You could always look for a hooptie Celica or Jetta sporting a S2000 antenna and reclaim a (most likely) stolen antenna.

I say we start a brigade and collect them in a big pile for spares. Donate them to those unfortunate S2000 victims.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:01 PM

Originally posted by BigWave10
Use "Loc-Tight Blue" on your new antenna.

You could always look for a hooptie Celica or Jetta sporting a S2000 antenna and reclaim a (most likely) stolen antenna.

I say we start a brigade and collect them in a big pile for spares. Donate them to those unfortunate S2000 victims.
Just don't steal the one off my Celica.. I payed for that one.
Old 09-09-2002, 08:28 PM
cbb

Other then the OEM antenna (and replicas) is there an aftermarket antenna that is smaller in length (like the BMW antenna)
Old 09-09-2002, 09:03 PM

My damn antenna got stollen a few days ago to. I ordered a new one from HandA, but I am looking into putting in an electric one so that it is not an issue.

Nix
Old 09-09-2002, 09:15 PM

haha, it happens... Iwas gonna kill someone when mine got stolen... it's like your daughter's virginity being taken away... I felt so violated, but good think you can buy another one, and it's cheap...
Old 09-09-2002, 09:18 PM

Yeah, and please forgive me for the whole daughter thing. I thought she was older!

Nix
Old 09-10-2002, 09:46 AM

I applied superglue to the bottom of the antenna, then tightened it with a pair of plyers until it wouldn't tighten any more (first wrap antenna in cloth so plyers don't mark it up).

Thieves want something that takes seconds to steal. They will attempt to unscrew my antenna, realize it is NOT coming off any time soon, then go away.
Old 09-10-2002, 12:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, but thieves won't attempt to steal something that isn't there. Would you rather take a few seconds to unscrew it and throw it in the trunk or have the thief attempt to steal it, and key the crap out of your car out of frustration?

Quick Reply: Sadist ahole stole my radio antenna