S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2k's are chick cars...

Old 06-27-2007, 08:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Killship,Jun 27 2007, 10:23 AM
Its not about what others think, its about you. Do you think its a chick car? Personaly I dont. I love the car for what it is. A chick car would be somthing like a Mini Cooper, Vert. Mustang (both ways), VW beetle, Civic, and Altima. But that is ALL opinion. Like stated in this thread before, if you want a real "mans" car, go get yourself a Porsche, the prices on boxters used are around 19k - 24k.
I dont know about this one KIllship... I think I'm going to have to disagree with one car on your list being girly... And thats of course the Civic. . You know at one point we all had one and we all loved it. I think the Civic is good for both genders.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyCB,Jun 27 2007, 08:25 AM
I did a favor and drove 30 mins out of town to pick up this guy who's like 6'4", 245lbs solid because his roommate took his car and got drunk and he was stuck at his house in the 'burbs. He walked up to my car and said "Cute little ride, Mikey drives a chick car!"

I felt like kicking him in the nuts.

He drives a 94 Ford Explorer and constantly talks about how much money he makes and about all the houses he owns. I call BS and tack up his comments to jealousy.

I smiled a little when it started raining and I got to watch him ride shotgun with his head tilted sideways under the softtop
Should have told him to try to chase you in his explorer after you boot him in the nuts

I think he would rethink that comment over
Old 06-27-2007, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRawkus305,Jun 27 2007, 10:36 AM
I dont know about this one KIllship... I think I'm going to have to disagree with one car on your list being girly... And thats of course the Civic. . You know at one point we all had one and we all loved it. I think the Civic is good for both genders.
True enough! I enjoyed my civic days

Nice thing about a civic is that it's like a blank slate. You can just drive it, or customize it in any direction you want. yes, I know the same could be said about any car, but no other car has the abundance of available parts to make it your own, guy or girl.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by __redruM,Jun 27 2007, 05:40 AM

Don't buy the car if your coworkers are going to tease you about it.
And your coworkers might be a bit ignorant. How old is everyone at work? Are you getting your car to impress them? Another question, is their opinion going to change the way you feel about the car? To me, it doesn't sound like they know what they're talking about and they might be a little on the evious side. I don't know about you guys on here, but I find it hot that a woman can drive a standard transmission. My can drive stick and it's great!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:51 AM

Received 241 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by versionJDM,Jun 27 2007, 12:32 PM
who gives a shit?

Besides, it makes a great chick car. Ask my wife, she loves it.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:52 AM

hm, i dunno, maybe it depends on where you live.

i suppose the worst i've gotten is girls calling my car "cute".

OP, what do you think about the s2000? do you really have doubts of the image the car gives out? like, would you be embarrassed to be seen in it when you're with your guy friends? girl friends? strangers?

if the car doesn't satisfy you, i don't see why you would want to buy it. i'm not saying this just to be a jerk or anything either. what other options are you considering?

here are some reasonably new sporty options for about 30k:

- s2000
- wrx/wrx sti
- evo
- 350z (hardtop)
- mazdaspeed 3
- c5 corvette
- e46 m3

they are all fast cars and have nice aftermarket support

Old 06-27-2007, 08:57 AM

[QUOTE=Master S2K,Jun 27 2007, 07:21 AM] 26, not a bs thread im really in the market for a car.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

def. not a chick car. I get more looks from guys than girls when i'm cruising
Old 06-27-2007, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Master S2K,Jun 27 2007, 05:42 AM
if you have nothing constructive to add then don't add anything. please read the whole posting. this is about what image people have of the car. its very evident that a good mix of genders drive every car known to man. thanks for pointing that out and adding absolutely nothing constructive to this topic.

I refuse to spend 22k-23k on a car that i will love only to hear people hate it and poke fun at me. I will then sell the car. is it concieted, maybe? but i won't invest in something that will make me look bad.

If you have a problem with this and want to poke fun at me then just don't post anything in this thread and start your own topic...
With an attitude like that, I don't think you have to worry about people saying its a chick car. More like it's a fags car. You need to lighten up and buy something else if you are so worried about image! Some of the things I have heard about my car are:

Rice rocket
Mid-life crisis car (I am only 28)
CHICKS CAR
Miata
It's only a four cylinder?

But for those who I have taken for a ride, The comments turn to:
WOW!
Holy Sh*t
Is this turbo?

You will always get mixed opinions from people. If everyone liked the car, then everyone would go buy one!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:14 AM

Funny how someone so concerned with image would post a question that makes him look like a tool...

Quick Reply: S2k's are chick cars...