S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2k's are chick cars...

Old 06-27-2007, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont know about other people here i would rather have a car that attracts chicks than one that only attracts dudes lol
Old 06-27-2007, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by ragweed316,Jun 27 2007, 10:59 AM
dont know about other people here i would rather have a car that attracts chicks than one that only attracts dudes lol
You will get some attention from girls... but mostly guys wanting to race your "Honda 2000."

Seriously though... I can't believe you are worried what your co-workers will say. If you like the car, get it.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, if this is a chick car, here is the chick they are talking about...

Old 06-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=ninjay,Jun 27 2007, 07:54 AM] Before I begin, I want to state that I am currently looking for a MY07. S2ks are expensive toys so every little thing counts when it comes to spending $34k. Therefore, I was actually concern about this issue. Everybody knows that one shouldn't care about what other ppl think. I do agree to that statement, to some extent. For example, no one can persuade me to change my mind about what house I should buy. I would like it for the feeling that it gives me. On the other side of the coin, if I bought a jacket and 75% of my peers think it is "gay", I would definitely reconsider wearing. Which leads to the s2k. Cars make ppl feel a certain way just like a house, especially when it comes to performance. BUT, performance aside, cars are like clothes too because they create an image, and image is judged by society. I don't want to spend $$$ on a jacket to only get
Old 06-27-2007, 08:20 AM

funny you post this, cause the guys here at work like to razz me and call my car a girly car, which aparatnly after i left yestarday they were doing, doesnt really bother me cause I know it isnt, but it also isnt the
most manly car, but i have a defence for this

a little back ground on what they drive

a focus
a camry
a civic

so i sent them this email

http://cars.about.com/od/buyingadvic...p_cars_men.htm
Nuff said

You guys might want to check out this list too!
http://cars.about.com/od/helpforcarbuyers/..._cars_women.htm
$5,7,9

Nuff said

(i know the sebring makes the 1st list less creditable, but since they are so ignorant to call my car a girls car, they do not even notice that)
Old 06-27-2007, 08:21 AM

Does it matter though if ppl think it looks like a chick car????! The ones that think that as everybody has said is the ones that know very little of our car. Its the appearance mostly that makes ppl think that way if they dont know anything about the S2. Since we know about the car, it looks so raw and just so much more appealing to us.
When I was purchasing the car, it was me, my gf, brother, and his wife; My brother who knew alot about the car thought like the rest of us about the car and the girls thought it was girly as hell. It didnt matter though at all cuz we know what its really all about. Not girly at all.

In point, what does it matter though. I'm pretty sure all us owners got that comment at least once and just set them str8 about it by telling them about the car. I dont know man, it seems like you have issues with ignorant comments like those since your posting about it.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:23 AM

Its not about what others think, its about you. Do you think its a chick car? Personaly I dont. I love the car for what it is. A chick car would be somthing like a Mini Cooper, Vert. Mustang (both ways), VW beetle, Civic, and Altima. But that is ALL opinion. Like stated in this thread before, if you want a real "mans" car, go get yourself a Porsche, the prices on boxters used are around 19k - 24k.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by 00CivicSi,Jun 27 2007, 07:57 AM
I find that people that make such broad generalizations are those that are the most insecure with themselves and those that are the most concerned about how THEY are perceived by others. Either that or they are just flat out jealous.
I did a favor and drove 30 mins out of town to pick up this guy who's like 6'4", 245lbs solid because his roommate took his car and got drunk and he was stuck at his house in the 'burbs. He walked up to my car and said "Cute little ride, Mikey drives a chick car!"

I felt like kicking him in the nuts.

He drives a 94 Ford Explorer and constantly talks about how much money he makes and about all the houses he owns. I call BS and tack up his comments to jealousy.

I smiled a little when it started raining and I got to watch him ride shotgun with his head tilted sideways under the softtop
Old 06-27-2007, 08:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're so concerned about image with this car then buy a Porsche or BMW.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:32 AM

who gives a shit?

Quick Reply: S2k's are chick cars...