S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2k's are chick cars...

Old 06-27-2007, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that your coworkers are just jerking your chain. Don't pay any attention.

As far as chick cars go, I have yet to see a woman at the wheel of any of the S2Ks I've seen locally, and even if they were, what possible difference could it make? I know women who ride big bikes that I would shrink from riding. Does that make them men? I also think that Miatas are cool and a lot of car for the money, whether they have a reputation as a chick car or not. I'd love to own a vintage Nash Metropolitan convertible, which is about as chick a chick car as you can get.

The point is that anyone who is seriously concerned that coworkers might think that the S2K is a chick car has masculinity issues better dealt with in sessions with a shrink, rather than on this list.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:56 AM

I'll take driving lessons from Danica Patrick any day!

Old 06-27-2007, 07:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your age please.....if you dont mind.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:11 AM

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Master S2K,Jun 27 2007, 05:42 AM

I refuse to spend 22k-23k on a car that i will love only to hear people hate it and poke fun at me. I will then sell the car. is it concieted, maybe? but i won't invest in something that will make me look bad.
Yeah, the S2000 is a chick car. I highly recommend getting a VW Cabriolet or VW Beetle 'vert for something more manlier.

Just in case people think otherwise, I'd get a tiny puppy and put him in the passenger seat.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by General Kratos,Jun 27 2007, 07:06 AM
Your age please.....if you dont mind.
26, not a bs thread im really in the market for a car. if I were making a bs thread i think i woulda picked a viper forum and started a thread called "my co-workers think im getting a viper cause im not well endowed".

The point of the thread... i know miata's have a connotation of being a girly car. I don't want to fall into that with an s2k. Just a personal preference. No masculinity issues, if i did i woulda bought a mustang v8 or something. started the thread with a simple question... if you read into it so deep that you can derive my pshyche over the internet than you should probably switch careers cause you can make a ton of money.

If you care to make more judgements feel free, I'll be outside wearing my pink too-too waiting for more responses.

So far i've got the info i need from a lot of legit posts so have fun with it.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:22 AM

I love my chick car.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A Yugo, any model year. Only accessory required is a tool box. Now thats manly. Girls will drive anything but how many of them own their very own toolbox?
Old 06-27-2007, 07:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Before I begin, I want to state that I am currently looking for a MY07. S2ks are expensive toys so every little thing counts when it comes to spending $34k. Therefore, I was actually concern about this issue. Everybody knows that one shouldn't care about what other ppl think. I do agree to that statement, to some extent. For example, no one can persuade me to change my mind about what house I should buy. I would like it for the feeling that it gives me. On the other side of the coin, if I bought a jacket and 75% of my peers think it is "gay", I would definitely reconsider wearing. Which leads to the s2k. Cars make ppl feel a certain way just like a house, especially when it comes to performance. BUT, performance aside, cars are like clothes too because they create an image, and image is judged by society. I don't want to spend $$$ on a jacket to only get negative comments...but, hey, performance wise, it keeps me warm...

-Ninjay
Old 06-27-2007, 07:57 AM

I don't know what's worse - this guy being worried about what other people think or some of you guys trying to justify your purchase
Old 06-27-2007, 07:59 AM

I love my S2000 and everyone that has commented has said nothing, but good things about it..

Quick Reply: S2k's are chick cars...