S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2k's are chick cars...

Old 06-27-2007, 05:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeDubya,Jun 27 2007, 05:30 AM
Nope, that won't work. I've seen chicks driving BMW's and Porsche's. I also saw a chick driving a Viper. Also, here in Texas you see a lot of chicks driving F-150's. Does that mean guys can't drive any of these?
if you have nothing constructive to add then don't add anything. please read the whole posting. this is about what image people have of the car. its very evident that a good mix of genders drive every car known to man. thanks for pointing that out and adding absolutely nothing constructive to this topic.

I refuse to spend 22k-23k on a car that i will love only to hear people hate it and poke fun at me. I will then sell the car. is it concieted, maybe? but i won't invest in something that will make me look bad.

If you have a problem with this and want to poke fun at me then just don't post anything in this thread and start your own topic...
Old 06-27-2007, 05:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

How many chicks drive an S2000 compared to guys? There's your answer. Buy the car, take these people out for a ride, scare the shit out of them, and see if they think it's still a girly car.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:47 AM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It IS a chick car.

Don't buy it.

Get a manly car like a Hummer H2.

Oh wait, a lot of soccer moms drive those.

What about a Porsche Cayenne Turbo! Oh wait, more soccer moms in those...

Maybe a Z4? Oh wait, the published demographic is that 60% of Z4 owners are women.

If you're trying to establish your masculinity, grow some facial hair. A car isn't going to help grow your wee wee.

Personally, I love my "chick car."

Take that office girl for a ride and find some twisties and wind her out to redline... I guarantee that her mouth will be hanging open and she'll be clutching onto the door handle for dear life. Ask her then if she still thinks it's a "chick car."
Old 06-27-2007, 05:47 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Master S2K,Jun 27 2007, 08:42 AM
if you have nothing constructive to add then don't add anything. please read the whole posting. this is about what image people have of the car. its very evident that a good mix of genders drive every car known to man. thanks for pointing that out and adding absolutely nothing constructive to this topic.
Please keep in mind that there is no tone of voice on the Internet. Also keep in mind that everyone has his/her own opinion and interpretation. If a post does not sit well with you, please ignore it. You are speaking to an audience of over 2,000 people (typical number of people who post on any given S2Ki day), so reply accordingly.

So far, this has been a typical thread you would find anywhere on any forum. Let's not get worked up about a few different interpretations of your post.

These are simple guidelines to help make your next 13 days on S2Ki more pleasant
Old 06-27-2007, 05:48 AM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vtec9,Jun 27 2007, 05:42 AM
How many chicks drive an S2000 compared to guys? There's your answer. Buy the car, take these people out for a ride, scare the shit out of them, and see if they think it's still a girly car.
Bwahahaha!

You beat me to it!
Old 06-27-2007, 05:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Master S2K,Jun 27 2007, 05:17 AM
Bold statement was made to me as i am searching to purchase an S2k. Just got approved for a loan and im at work and they didn't even say it to my face. A friend walked by a girl who was talking about it amongst other chicks and told me. I know people are going to jump out and deny it but you drive the car. My question is how many people in social situations will say "oh isn't that a chick car?" or friends tease you. I'm just curious. thanks!
I drove a Del Sol in high school and now I'm in the S2000...You'll learn how to respond. First, I don't care what people think about my car, I love it. It could be the most hated car in the world and if everyone considered it ugly I would still drive it with a smile.

Second, there are lots of responses:

"That's a chick car!"

--"Yes, I pick up a lot of chicks with this car."
--"If by chick car you mean one of the best handling cars that could be had for under $50,000 and set the record for the most horsepower per liter of any naturally aspirated production car."

"You know what they say about people who drive sports cars...they are making up for something."
--Yes, my cock is a huge, slow moving piece of equipment. I had to get something quick and small to make up for it."

Old 06-27-2007, 05:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Come on! It doesn't have a light for a mirror in the tiny visor - therefore not a chick car
Old 06-27-2007, 05:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find that people that make such broad generalizations are those that are the most insecure with themselves and those that are the most concerned about how THEY are perceived by others. Either that or they are just flat out jealous.

If you are going to go through life constantly attempting to meet everyone else's expectations then you are going to be fighting a never-ending battle.

I suggest that you go to a decently sized S2000 meet and tell me how many women enthusiasts are driving S2000s (hell, I wish there WERE more women enthusiasts).

Don't let others' ingorance and immaturity get in the way of YOUR happiness.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by __redruM,Jun 27 2007, 05:40 AM

Don't buy the car if your coworkers are going to tease you about it.
By the car, quit your job and then tease your ex-coworkers!

Old 06-27-2007, 06:04 AM

If people made fun of your new car you'd sell it? Don't buy the car, hire a psychologist instead.

Quick Reply: S2k's are chick cars...