S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2k's are chick cars...

Old 06-27-2007, 01:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjay,Jun 27 2007, 04:34 PM
All replies sound so cliche...

"YOU SHOULD'T CARE ABOUT WHAT OTHER PPL THINK...BLAH BLAH BLAH"

WE GET IT! But you know what...everyone in this world DO care what other people think. Look around and you'll see everyone wearing their name brand clothes. Sure, you bought that AE shirt cuz you like the way it looks, but guess WHY you like it...Cuz it's determined by society that it DO look nice. People buy clothes to impress others...otherwise people would be wearing pj's around town.
I don't care about what you think.

I would love to wear PJ's to work, but I'll get fired. If I didn't get fired, I would wear PJ's to work, seriously.

I would just wear boxers around, but since I don't have a big fur, I have to make sure I keep warm when the sun goes down.

I think that's the whole point. If you stop giving in, maybe they'll all go out of business and we have to make our own clothes that we like.

it's almost like which came first? AE trends? or People going out and making these clothes because nobody made it and AE pick that up to make it.

so if you think about it, it's not what society wants, but it's what individual gives to the society that gets popular that a trend picks up.

People don't buy clothes to impress others, they buy clothes to keep warm. Only superficial people or teenagers buy clothes to impress others. more meaningful people impress others with smaller details of themselves (like saying thank you and being thoughtful) and more meaningful people are impressed with those little humane details instead of fancy clothes with a little aligator on it.

because at the end, material things will rot away, trends will die, and you're gonna age and start looking uglier and uglier. But the memory of someone's kindness is what remains with us forever and it'll always feel the same.

This hallmark moment has been brought to you by letter "L".

Here is another cliche. Does the suit make the man or does the man make the suit?

You have to answer that for yourself.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ninjay,Jun 27 2007, 05:34 PM

WE GET IT! But you know what...everyone in this world DO care what other people think. Look around and you'll see everyone wearing their name brand clothes. Sure, you bought that AE shirt cuz you like the way it looks, but guess WHY you like it...Cuz it's determined by society that it DO look nice. People buy clothes to impress others...otherwise people would be wearing pj's around town.

Maybe the replies sound cliche for a reason.

Oh, and your analogy doesn't really apply to those that bought their sports cars based solely on personal enjoyment.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjay,Jun 27 2007, 01:34 PM

I do wear Pj's around, last night I went to blockbuster with my slippers on
Old 06-27-2007, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by ninjay,Jun 27 2007, 01:34 PM

I thought we were talking about s2ks...
and in saying that people do in fact care about what other people think, look at those people that care and see how many of them are driving an S.
I know I personally don't care, and neither does the majority of the s2000 community, and if you end up buying one, that'll just make us more unique because we love and drive the car for what it is, not what it makes us.

The End.

PS. I wear my PJs everywhere I get the chance.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ninjay,Jun 27 2007, 03:34 PM

I must mostly disagree with your statement. Why I say mostly is because, yes, ppl do care about what others think but in a totally different situation if I must say. For the OPs situation, you driving a car that might be called a chicks car does in no matter change who he is! As far as the S2K goes, you have to know about the vehicle to respect it not being a chicks car. Him driving an S2K, regardless his co-workers think this is a chick car would not change his life at all.

Your example of buying name brand clothes and wearing pjs out is such a bad example if i must say. Because clothes has been a part of life since the beginning. Nothing justifies your saying of, "you buying AE clothes cuz its determined by society. You dont wear pjs out." You buy nice clothes because its comfortable, reliable, better fabric, and to be appropriate. Its not society that chose that, its how life is! You dress nice sometimes because it makes you feel good. You do it to gain respect, you do it for the opposite sex, etc.. Tell me how nice it would look to see everyone around town wearing pjs day and night. Just doesnt make sense. You can say I think that cuz I'm part of Society, so blah blah blah. I mean, in any case, you can say everything is caused by Society and just have a never ending debate on it.

My point is the OPs situation, has no part with Society or effect to it. A car is a big investment but the worst in any book. People telling him his car looks girly shouldn't matter because we all bought this car for a totally different reason and not cuz we dont think it looks like a girls car. For him to suddenly be hesitant of purchasing the car cuz a few of his coworkers said it looks like a chick car was already buying the car for the wrong reasons and not for what the car is suppose to be bought for. You do research before buying a car and it seems he didnt do any research or had different purpose for purchasing it. If you really wanted a specific car, and when you see the majority is male drivers for it, how do you suddenly become hesitant of purchasing with just a few comments like that. Like I said, this issue has nothing to do about Society, but I believe within the OP.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8,Jun 27 2007, 02:21 PM
Ok... time for this thread to disappear:

"S2kCA!!!"

you didn't have to post that though. I already have this yearning to move my mouse to the close and dumpster button.

I understand the gist of this post though. People are taking the OP too literally and now we've gone to plaid*.

*see Mel Brooks' Space Balls.....the Movie .....not the toilet paper. And may the Shwartz Be Witcha!
Old 06-27-2007, 02:29 PM

IBTL???
Old 06-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You are the IBTL winner!