S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2ki Owners Who Aren't Broke...

Old 05-04-2010, 03:06 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default S2ki Owners Who Aren't Broke...

If you clicked on this thread, you are acknowledging you can afford to spare $10.

As most people know by know, Paul, Smirfs2k passed away this past weekend leaving his 9 month old son to be raised by his girlfriend. Like most of you, I never met Paul, but do know that what happened to Paul could have happened to most of us.

Paul has touched the lives of so many here on s2ki. His sincerity and kind heart is known by all who have (and even haven't) met him.

One of Paul's greatest joys in his life is his son Lukha. In honor of him, we are gathering donations for a trust in his name. Please donate what you can, every little bit helps.

Paypal for Lukha's trust is lukhaflorestrust@gmail.com
In addition, please leave your s2ki screen name in the notes

Please send payment as a gift so there is no 3% charge. That means no credit card, must come from you bank account or balance in Paypal. Otherwise, you can hand cash to me, Pat, X or any IE member to add to the fund.

If you read this post, you aren't broke and therefore I expect the rest of the s2ki family to help out. This could have been so many of us, so help out if possible. It's time to show how strong of a community s2ki really is.

Information about Paul's tragic passing:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=786539
Old 05-05-2010, 08:41 AM

Lots of views. Hoping that means you guys are all helping out since nobody is commenting.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gift sent, wishing all the best to Lukha. RIP Paul
Old 05-05-2010, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by StormTroopinAP2,May 5 2010, 10:28 AM
Gift sent, wishing all the best to Lukha. RIP Paul
Very cool of you. Lots of respect.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gift sent. Hopefully peer-pressuring other S2K owners into doing likewise.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I applaud you for doing this. But Im a natural born skeptic. Dont get me wrong, but how do I know this is for real? Id love to make a donation, but you dont even know the guy and you could have woken up one morning and decided you wanted to make a quick buck.

Please dont take this the wrong way, I dont mean to offend you. But can any SoCal members that has personal ties to Paul validate this Trust
Old 05-05-2010, 10:07 AM

the main thread

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=785922

(that i think you posted in, as well )

and the wealth of other threads in soCal forums and subforums (including a funeral caravan)........and i have AIM and other conversational ties with some of his friends.......if that helps. i believe faking it would require the efforts of thousands of soCal-ians, and for them each to get a cut of the fund would probably net them all about $5.

very sad this child will be so appreciative someday because of the efforts i read about.......seems to be an awesome group of people and i can't wait to move to soCal
Old 05-05-2010, 10:13 AM

i apologize. lazy me didnt click the link before jumping to conclusion.

RIP Paul.

logging on to paypal now.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:16 AM

A lot of people on this forum (and many others) will vouch for me. I don't know how to defend your post beyond that.

Like I said, I've never met Paul. I am however working on some things to try to get substantial donations made to Lukha's trust. I'm not 100% sure why this has touched me so much, but I find myself constantly thinking about Paul and his tragic death all day long.

It's tragic how it happened and the fact that it could happen to a lot of us. It's more tragic because of the stories that depict how great of a person he is and probably had so much potential in life. It's more tragic that he is 3 years younger than me. It's even more tragic that he is leaving behind a 9 month old son.

Regardless, my point is that I have nothing to gain out of this other than being a part of the bigger picture. If we raise enough money that Lukha grows up knowing how well he was taken care of by Paul's s2000 family, he will understand how great the s2000 community is and how well liked his father was.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:20 AM

I apologize Rojaboy, hope I didnt offend you. Its just the natural skeptic side of me.

Should have clicked the link.

The night i heard of his death, I remember being very shocked on how he died. And seeing how he was loved by so much only made me wish he was still alive for me to meet him. He must have been one hell of a guy.

Quick Reply: S2ki Owners Who Aren't Broke...