S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2K in the winter?

Old 09-07-2005, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WVtwisties,Sep 7 2005, 05:46 PM
A mysterious man that goes by xviper on here lives in Calgary and throws his S around all winter so maybe check what he's had to say about this and everything else in the world related to the S2000.
I hope this helps.

Ryan
yup he drives his every winter!!!

ive driven mine through a winter... its fine as long as u have winter tires....
just on the really bad days where the snow melting turns to ice is when it gets difficult...
Old 09-07-2005, 10:13 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Winter NUMBER 6 coming up for my S. I won't post anything more here as I've pretty much said it all in those other threads. (Unless there is a specific question not already covered.)
Old 09-08-2005, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by 4doorj,Sep 7 2005, 08:02 PM
just on the really bad days where the snow melting turns to ice is when it gets difficult...
those are the days when Hummers need to be careful
Old 09-08-2005, 04:59 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,747 Posts

Originally Posted by xviper,Sep 8 2005, 02:13 AM
Winter NUMBER 6 coming up for my S. I won't post anything more here as I've pretty much said it all in those other threads. (Unless there is a specific question not already covered.)
Congratulations, Dave...I think Barry (WY) could weigh in on this one, too.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:22 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tim! Welcome

Glad you got a warm "USE THE SUCKY SEARCH FUNCTION" welcome from somebody
Old 09-08-2005, 07:38 AM

What? So, we're supposed to give him some sort of a special welcome just because he knows someone on the board? Seriously, this topic's been covered a zillion times. If he's "no internet Noob," he should know better.

Doesn't matter, though, as someone's already answered his question. I just don't get the "oh, I know member here, so I can ask an already-beaten-to-death question." Plus, it's the internet--grow some thicker skin.

Oh, and welcome
Old 09-08-2005, 08:21 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Paul55100,Sep 8 2005, 09:38 AM
What? So, we're supposed to give him some sort of a special welcome just because he knows someone on the board? Seriously, this topic's been covered a zillion times. If he's "no internet Noob," he should know better.

Doesn't matter, though, as someone's already answered his question. I just don't get the "oh, I know member here, so I can ask an already-beaten-to-death question." Plus, it's the internet--grow some thicker skin.

Oh, and welcome
uuuhhh... yea pretty much. And we all know how sucky the search function here is on v4. Friends of PWA get special attention

You can complain more when you cough up 20 dollars to be a member after being on the board for over 2 years.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:56 AM

Ok, I just used the search function with no problems. You just need to hit "more options" for better results(which I hope you already know.) I typed in "snow" and it came back with 16 PAGES of results. I'm sure "winter driving," "snow tires," etc will net the same results. Can't see how difficult that is for a seasoned internet veteran, like your friend.

About being a member--this has to be the slowest board on the net. I spend my time at H-T, because they're faster and easier to use. When the board becomes a little more user friendly, I'll become a member. I'm sure that's a catch-22, though.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Paul55100,Sep 8 2005, 10:56 AM
Ok, I just used the search function with no problems. You just need to hit "more options" for better results(which I hope you already know.) I typed in "snow" and it came back with 16 PAGES of results. I'm sure "winter driving," "snow tires," etc will net the same results. Can't see how difficult that is for a seasoned internet veteran, like your friend.

About being a member--this has to be the slowest board on the net. I spend my time at H-T, because they're faster and easier to use. When the board becomes a little more user friendly, I'll become a member. I'm sure that's a catch-22, though.
Slowest.. ha.. obviously your not a member of boards like NSXPrime or M3forums or pretty much any other board. Honda-tech moves at retarded speeds and is filled with a bunch of crap you have to wade through in order to find any good info. The board is plenty user friendly and v5 is coming out soon so you can keep making excuses til then.

Old 09-08-2005, 09:59 AM

You do know "retarded" means slow. H-T is much faster than this board. Unfortunately, as you stated, there is a lot of crap. Plus, the s2k section doesn't get much traffic. There is good info, though, if you search.

This board is user friendly already??!! riiiiight. NSXprime and M3Forums are dated. evolutionm, h-a, bimmerforums, elisetalk, etc all have better user-friendly platforms. Funny how you dog on the search function, then state this board is "plenty user friendly." Anyway, I'm going to bow out, since this is getting waaaay off topic.

Quick Reply: S2K in the winter?