S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2K vs EVO

Old 09-18-2006, 12:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm assuming the Evo lagged 10-12 cars behind because he took the 40mph turn sign seriously. I would commend him on that part and a tsk tsk for you.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

there should be a fine for littering the boards.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting story pros2000 ... I had a similar encounter this weekend with a Pontiac GTO...

A word of advice tho ... be sure you check out any topic thoughts u may have with the resident internet queens and post whores prior to providing your own thoughts.

This way u can avoid responses like "who gives a shit" and "tsk tsk on you" ... those inclined to post these expression or idea squashing remarks may just move along like they should instead of spending their time hatin.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2Keiichi,Sep 18 2006, 01:28 PM
interesting story pros2000 ... I had a similar encounter this weekend with a Pontiac GTO...

A word of advice tho ... be sure you check out any topic thoughts u may have with the resident internet queens and post whores prior to providing your own thoughts.

This way u can avoid responses like "who gives a shit" and "tsk tsk on you" ... those inclined to post these expression or idea squashing remarks may just move along like they should instead of spending their time hatin.
Or he could just post in Street Encounters where BS like this belongs. Quit cryin.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:57 PM

Thanks S2Keiichi, I ignore comments like that anyway, too old to start schooling them on how to speak properly to others. I might have posted it in the wrong forum but for those who thinks I need driving lessons think again, when I raced BMW's and AUDI's most of you big mouth couldn't even spell it, and if you bought S2k's to drive like an old ladies or afraid to wet your panties making turns then you should probably start thinking about Buicks or some similar crap.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by AlX Boi,Sep 18 2006, 12:03 PM
I'm assuming the Evo lagged 10-12 cars behind because he took the 40mph turn sign seriously. I would commend him on that part and a tsk tsk for you.
While I don't engage in or condone any form of street racing...

I have to comment that 2X the suggest curve speed, especially on entrance ramps is no where near dangerous (unless you are not a competent sport car driver) in any real sports car and particularly not in an S2000...I normally use the yellow, suggested speed signs as a gauge of how fast to take curves I don't drive daily and I'll usually use 1.5-2X them and it's not even an effort for this car to hold the G's generated at those speeds. Ask the Dragon Ball guys how fast they take the 10mph suggest speed turns...usually it's 2.5X the suggested speeds there and the tires aren't even complaining yet.

- JL
Old 09-18-2006, 04:14 PM

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by pantyraider,Sep 18 2006, 03:36 PM
Or he could just post in Street Encounters where BS like this belongs. Quit cryin.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JLUDE,Sep 18 2006, 06:06 PM
While I don't engage in or condone any form of street racing...

I have to comment that 2X the suggest curve speed, especially on entrance ramps is no where near dangerous (unless you are not a competent sport car driver) in any real sports car and particularly not in an S2000...I normally use the yellow, suggested speed signs as a gauge of how fast to take curves I don't drive daily and I'll usually use 1.5-2X them and it's not even an effort for this car to hold the G's generated at those speeds. Ask the Dragon Ball guys how fast they take the 10mph suggest speed turns...usually it's 2.5X the suggested speeds there and the tires aren't even complaining yet.

- JL
You use the guys that do the Dragonball run as models for your driving behavior?????
Old 09-18-2006, 04:34 PM

I'm very aroused.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by pros2000,Sep 18 2006, 01:57 PM
Thanks S2Keiichi, I ignore comments like that anyway, too old to start schooling them on how to speak properly to others. I might have posted it in the wrong forum but for those who thinks I need driving lessons think again, when I raced BMW's and AUDI's most of you big mouth couldn't even spell it, and if you bought S2k's to drive like an old ladies or afraid to wet your panties making turns then you should probably start thinking about Buicks or some similar crap.

You've been on this board two months and yet you're able to school us all; I'm impressed!

Actually, I happen to know that the two members you're dissing could probably take you to school on a race track. (btw... that's where racing should be done... hence their flaming of your "street race" story)

The Evo Vs S2000 thing has sort of been done to death around here... it turns out they're completely different cars. (who knew)

Perhaps before you get all up in arms about the "rude" folks on this board, you might try learning the ropes sp that your posts appear in a forum where they'd be welcome. The "street encounters" folks love this stuff... unfortunately, those stories make us responsible drivers cringe. We've all seen too many wrecked cars and ruined lives from this kind of driving and would rather never see another of that type of "street encounter" happen.

Take your S on the track and then you'll fully appreciate what a great car you've really got.

Quick Reply: S2K vs EVO