S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2k Intake

Old 11-29-2004, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oshp515,Nov 29 2004, 01:00 PM
listen you phucking moron...before you call my statement BS do some phucking homework and learn something....in fact I'll make it simple for you...call scott at Kingsmotorsports and ask him personally why the intake was changed...and don't open your piece of shit mouth until you do so...don't give me no responses, no crack head ideas until you call and get the real story straight from the horse's mouth....then you will know you are the dumb one....I am so sick and tired of you phucking pieces of shit on this forum that don't know shit but act like you do....AND if you had a brain in you head you would know and expect the mugen intake to not show much on a dyno, just look at its design....that intake creates positive manifold pressure once you are at about 60mph and above....THAT WILL NOT SHOW ON A DYNO....god damn some of you phucks are completely worthless
#1- I don't need a S-A-L-E-S-M-A-N to explain anything to me. The "opinion" is biased from the outset. What are they going to say "No, no, no...you silly fool. Don't buy my 1000 dollar intake which has no proven gains (unlike the AEM which CONSISTENTLY dynos for 5rwhp).
#2- You need to read up on physics. Once you do, you'll see the merits of most of the mentioned intakes as well as their shortcomings. For example, the "creating a positive pressure wave" effect that you attempted to explain , is called The Helmholtz Effect aka "ram air". Its the reason that J's, Comptech and the new AEM have the "bulges". Its a chamber that serves to tune to pressure waves so that are additive in effect.
#3- MANY factors must be considered in intake design, including length of the runner, ANGLES and diameter of the pipe. Now, listen up b/c this is important, very sharp angles are bad. Repeat after me, sharp angles are bad.

Well, thanks for your eloquent response. You obviously have forgotten more than I will ever know and for this, you deserve the coveted "Assclown Type R" award.

BTW, I was intially calling BS on Mugen, not you.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oshp515,Nov 29 2004, 12:00 PM
listen you phucking moron...before you call my statement BS do some phucking homework and learn something....in fact I'll make it simple for you...call scott at Kingsmotorsports and ask him personally why the intake was changed...and don't open your piece of shit mouth until you do so...don't give me no responses, no crack head ideas until you call and get the real story straight from the horse's mouth....then you will know you are the dumb one....I am so sick and tired of you phucking pieces of shit on this forum that don't know shit but act like you do....AND if you had a brain in you head you would know and expect the mugen intake to not show much on a dyno, just look at its design....that intake creates positive manifold pressure once you are at about 60mph and above....THAT WILL NOT SHOW ON A DYNO....god damn some of you phucks are completely worthless
No one in the US has provided any phsycially documented proof that there is a region of positive pressure behind the front bumper.

However I do not doubt that there is a positive enough resevoir of pressure to adequately allow for the intake to flow all it needs and more. Still it is unlikely that there is a "ram air" effect as you are probably imagining in your oh so mature and well spoken head.

We have spend quite a bit over time over here breaking down the physics of each individual intake system. TenBlade knows this background information and his opinions are based on the physical characteristics of each system. Frankly that's all you have for most of these intakes because they require the car to be at speed to show an effect.

As for your response:

You need to grow up and learn to respect other peoples opinions. If you disagree do it in a level headed manner and you will get respect. If you approach everything in life with such an immature attitude you are going to find many dead ends where others find open road.

It's amazing when your young you think you know everything. As you get older you just begin to realize how little you actually know.

Old 11-29-2004, 09:59 AM
WPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tenblade2001,Nov 29 2004, 01:48 PM
Now, listen up b/c this is important, very sharp angles are bad. Repeat after me, sharp angles are bad.
so the spoon air duct wouldn't be effecient??
Old 11-29-2004, 10:00 AM

Tenblade,

Can I use the assclown type R?

I love that!
-Lee
Old 11-29-2004, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by WPS,Nov 29 2004, 01:59 PM
so the spoon air duct wouldn't be effecient??
Again, there are MANY variables to consider. True, the Spoon has a pretty sharp angle, so there's an increase in "head loss" which a big determinate of flow. But, the theoretical trade off, is (1) colder air (2) a longer runner, which should help with higher end power vs. a shorter runner which is designed for more low-end, throttle response.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by asu_lee,Nov 29 2004, 02:00 PM
Tenblade,

Can I use the assclown type R?

I love that!
-Lee
Its yours!
Old 11-29-2004, 10:30 AM
WPS

http://www.knfilters.com/typhoon/tthesystem.html

any comment on this? looks like the aem v2 but it has a 'dry charger' which 'Provides added protection by repelling water from entering the intake tract.'

i was thinking about getting a kn filter myself
http://www.knfilterchargers.com/search/pro...spx?Prod=E-2435
Old 11-29-2004, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by oshp515,Nov 29 2004, 11:00 AM
Punk.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bauahahah STOP the Flame war People common!

AEM v1 The best!
Old 11-29-2004, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Can we get back on topic please? I don't want to lock this thread down

Quick Reply: S2k Intake