S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2k Intake

Old 11-28-2004, 03:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the Comptech rub on the hood at all? Would a Comptech intake actually fit better with a Mugen hood?
Old 11-28-2004, 03:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ImportSport,Nov 27 2004, 12:15 PM
The very first thing you should look for when upgrading your S2000 is the search function.
This link explains all you need you know....
http://www.trials-shack.co.uk/posting.html
Old 11-28-2004, 08:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Reflexx,Nov 28 2004, 06:30 AM] Does the Comptech rub on the hood at all?
Old 11-28-2004, 01:32 PM

my choise is the OEM airbox with spoon CF air duct
Old 11-28-2004, 04:34 PM

Has anyone tried the new ASM intake? I agree with the others. Any of them will do.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Nov 28 2004, 05:34 PM
Has anyone tried the new ASM intake? I agree with the others. Any of them will do.
THAT's TOOOOOO much $$$ for me.

A mix of J's racing, Gruppe M's an Mugen in one.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by DC_AP1,Nov 28 2004, 06:36 PM
THAT's TOOOOOO much $$$ for me.

A mix of J's racing, Gruppe M's an Mugen in one.
I hear ya. After seeing the price for just one, I will keep my Mugen/GotoGarage intake. Thank you very much. LOL
Old 11-29-2004, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by tenblade2001,Nov 28 2004, 07:24 AM
Hmmmm, so where's the info to back up this statement? The Mugen has not dyno'd any higher the AEM or the Comptech. I'm talking about dyo sheets from real owner's and not the BS dynos that magazines or the company shows off. BTW, there's no "pocket of pressure" behind the front bumper The first intake was kinked so it could go down to the radiator and that sharp kink is bad for airflow. This was reduced by having it come out of the bumper AND inorder to use the intake properly, you need to buy the SS bumper.
listen you phucking moron...before you call my statement BS do some phucking homework and learn something....in fact I'll make it simple for you...call scott at Kingsmotorsports and ask him personally why the intake was changed...and don't open your piece of shit mouth until you do so...don't give me no responses, no crack head ideas until you call and get the real story straight from the horse's mouth....then you will know you are the dumb one....I am so sick and tired of you phucking pieces of shit on this forum that don't know shit but act like you do....AND if you had a brain in you head you would know and expect the mugen intake to not show much on a dyno, just look at its design....that intake creates positive manifold pressure once you are at about 60mph and above....THAT WILL NOT SHOW ON A DYNO....god damn some of you phucks are completely worthless
Old 11-29-2004, 09:13 AM

oshp515, your argument would carry a lot more weight if you kept your cool didn't use profanity. No need to curse out someone who disagrees with you. Just provide more information, instead of expecting everyone to automatically believe everything you post.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by oshp515,Nov 29 2004, 10:00 AM
listen you phucking moron...before you call my statement BS do some phucking homework and learn something....in fact I'll make it simple for you...call scott at Kingsmotorsports and ask him personally why the intake was changed...and don't open your piece of shit mouth until you do so...don't give me no responses, no crack head ideas until you call and get the real story straight from the horse's mouth....then you will know you are the dumb one....I am so sick and tired of you phucking pieces of shit on this forum that don't know shit but act like you do....AND if you had a brain in you head you would know and expect the mugen intake to not show much on a dyno, just look at its design....that intake creates positive manifold pressure once you are at about 60mph and above....THAT WILL NOT SHOW ON A DYNO....god damn some of you phucks are completely worthless
Ok, first off, Tenblade is really quite knowledgeable when it comes to this car. I respect his answers and views on intakes or whatever it may be. Who the hell are you?

Now you said call Scott at King? Why? He doesn't have all the answers, infact they told so many members one thing and come to find out it was wrong. So the horses mouth isn't always the best place to go. Most shops don't have all the answers.

Your so sick of people not knowing shit? Uhh, in this case its you that does not know his shit. I would strongly suggest you take a step back, grab a nice breath of fresh air, sit back down re-think, and apologize to Tenblade.
The problem and I know 90% of members of s2ki would agree is that this car is now being bought by kids (its in there price range now). When I mean kids that's 22 years old and younger (again not all of you guys at this age think you know everything ). You guys think you know your shit when you have no clue and ask certain shops this or read it in a magazine when not every shop or magazine has the correct answers. Your the same kids that watched "The Fast and Furious" too many times and you think you can throw some "NOS", 4 ft spoiler, and a DVD screen on it and your good to go. That's fine if that's what you want to do. Its your car. But when you question the integrity of a member who I know for a fact knows his shi*, then IMO your way out of line. You assume to much and that's where you have your problems.
Do you own an S2000? What makes you the expert of a Mugen intake on what it can and cant do? I dont care what King has to say either. So go ahead make an educated guess/answer. I have owned all of the above intakes. So what. That doesn't make me the expert. Does it?

Quick Reply: S2k Intake