S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2K Colors and Pricing?

Old 01-01-2018 | 01:42 PM
Member (Premium)

Default My Barn Find

Found this one (my 3rd) last month in Georgia, '02 Suzuka w/34,015 mi, $18,000 (my wheels). As close to a new one as i'll get! I de-Smurf by installing black w/blue stitching Clazzio seat covers.
Old 01-01-2018 | 03:47 PM
20 Year Member

Nice find.
Levi
Old 01-09-2018 | 06:47 AM
10 Year Member

IMHO, there aren't enough available solid S2000s to be picky about color. Condition, closeness to stock, and service/ownership history are what's important..

That being said I personally will never own a " please pay attention to me" yellow car
Old 01-09-2018 | 02:47 PM

It seems to me that GPW (esp. w/red interior) goes for a premium. I didn't pay that much attention to color when I bought one - cared most about condition - and ended up with the most common combo (Sebring Silver on black), which wasn't my favorite but also wasn't my least favorite.
Old 01-09-2018 | 04:17 PM
Community Organizer

Condition is certainly the number one priority for most but color is a close second. I have had my eye on a 2008 Apex Blue non-CR(only available in Canada) for the last 3 years, just need the owner to get tired of it!
Old 01-09-2018 | 04:34 PM
Site Moderator
10 Year Member

Yes some colors are far more common that others. It can vary by area as well and what was/is popular in that area. i was dead set on a red S2000 and got lucky with finding mine as it also met my requirements for price, condition, mileage etc. Being patient is very important but something equally important is when you find the right car don't hum and haw over it. Not saying to do something stupid or pay more than you can afford just saying don't expect it to just wait around forever. There is a healthy market for clean examples of this car.
Old 01-09-2018 | 09:28 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
Being patient is very important but something equally important is when you find the right car don't hum and haw over it. Not saying to do something stupid or pay more than you can afford just saying don't expect it to just wait around forever. There is a healthy market for clean examples of this car.
This. Whether you care about the color of the car or not, it's key that you understand the pricing for these cars within the market that you'll be shopping (including things like how the condition, mileage, age, color, etc. impact the prices). The prices at which these cars are selling for halfway across the country is of little relevance (unless you are willing to travel that far to buy). When you find what appears to be a good deal that meets your requirements then jump on it (that is unless your local market has a truly amazing number of these cars available on a regular basis).
Old 01-14-2018 | 09:57 PM
Banned

I have also never been a fan of those "look at me" colours, but when I saw the general condition of my car, colour had nothing to do with it. Out here in South Africa, we can't be picky ! Anyway, after a couple of years of ownership, I love the RIO yellow now.
Old 01-19-2018 | 02:21 PM

When I bought mine, I didn't want white, black or silver. I also wanted red interior, followed by black. There aren't many for sale in my area, out of the 3 I test drove, 2 were black and 1 white. There's weren't many of color even posted. I ended up with a GPW with tan interior, which was at the lowest of my list interior wise. I love it now though, clean and mature. If I could trade it for the same car in NFR on black, or yellow, or Laguna blue, I absolutely would. But I still love my car. It was in like new shape with fair kms, which was more important to me.
Old 01-21-2018 | 08:17 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by GuthNW
This. Whether you care about the color of the car or not, it's key that you understand the pricing for these cars within the market that you'll be shopping (including things like how the condition, mileage, age, color, etc. impact the prices). The prices at which these cars are selling for halfway across the country is of little relevance (unless you are willing to travel that far to buy). When you find what appears to be a good deal that meets your requirements then jump on it (that is unless your local market has a truly amazing number of these cars available on a regular basis).
I agree 100%. You have to get a good idea what you are looking for and don't be too narrow about that. Try to have the money in hand sitting in an account. When a car comes up that meets your parameters, do not dilly dally. Don't nit pick. Negotiate a little and then do it. Don't expect perfection. Pull the trigger. If you don't act quickly when a car you are looking for comes up on the market you will lose the deal, and it could be a very long time before another one pops up. I think it is fair to say that it is a seller's market for these cars. This is part of what puts upward pressure on the value of cars like the S2k and others that are no longer manufactured.

Quick Reply: S2K Colors and Pricing?