S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2K Colors and Pricing?

Old 12-31-2017 | 07:36 AM

Default S2K Colors and Pricing?

Hello everyone! Long time lurker and fan of this car. I live in SoCal and finally have the funds to purchase a toy/daily! Woohoo!

I'm looking to buy an S2K in the next few months - specifically a LPB one.

I was wondering, are there certain color S2K which command higher pricing due to rarity or popularity? Basically will I have to pay more for certain colors?

I've been looking for LPB S2Ks and I just cant find that many.. not sure if its because its unpopular or because its more rare LOL.

Thank you!
Old 12-31-2017 | 08:22 AM
Community Organizer

Here is a thread on colours and production numbers, good luck in your search and be patient.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-ta...rchive-739163/
Old 12-31-2017 | 08:26 AM

I too have been a lurker for several years and am finally ready to purchase. Lbp commands a premium, iirc they only made them for 06-09 and is an amazing color. In addition Suzuka blue specifically due to the all blue interior seem to go at a slight discount to the other colors with black and or black and red interiors. Glw your search!
Old 12-31-2017 | 08:42 AM

Great info!! Thank you!
Old 12-31-2017 | 09:16 AM
10 Year Member

The suzuka blue (especially with blue interior) will probably end up being one of the most valuable as a collector vehicle. Meanwhile, you want a fun toy. So get whatever color that appeals to you.

If you are married to a certain color, look for one of those. If not, figure out which colors you *don't* like, and look for anything else.
Old 12-31-2017 | 12:20 PM
5 Year Member

I think its human nature. It always seems that color ends up being the final decision driver.
Old 12-31-2017 | 12:40 PM

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-ta...lysis-1154589/
Old 12-31-2017 | 01:20 PM
Member (Premium)
10 Year Member

Car colors are a matter of taste (or the lack of it!). Just like beer. I'm told some guys prefer swill like Bud Lite! And some Honda S2000 buyers prefer and pay a premium for [insert a color you don't like here] -- I ain't touching this!

For me condition trumps everything. Color was not on my priority list. Not anywhere. My car is Silverstone and I'm happy. Probably 40% of all S2000s are some shade of grey like this. Stays clean.

-- Chuck
Old 01-01-2018 | 07:07 AM
5 Year Member

Hey smores. Yes, some colors are going to demand more of a premium than others. For more information than you can imagine on the things that impact pricing, including color, check out this thread. Later model cars, typically being lower mileage with less wear & tear, tend to be priced the highest. As LBP was only offered from 2006 onward, you're dealing with more than just the desirability of the color when it comes to the pricing of those cars that most appeal to you.
Old 01-01-2018 | 07:49 AM
5 Year Member

Oops, I totally missed the fact that kevinS2000 included a link to the same thread.

I agree with those that believe overall condition of the car is probably the most important thing to consider when shopping for an S2000. But in my case, there were a number of factors that were of concern and I simply waited out the market until I found what I wanted. The fact that I found a car the met all of my requirements: overall condition, stock configuration, year model, mileage, and yes the preferred color combination, ultimately made me very happy with the purchase. In hindsight, I don't regret that it took me a while longer to find exactly what I was looking for at a price I was willing to pay. But if that time was measured in years rather than in months then it would be a different story.

The paint color is the first thing I see in the morning when getting ready to take the car out for a drive. And while I don't notice it nearly as much, I'm surrounded by the interior of the car while driving it so that matters to me as well. Once again the paint color is the last thing I see when putting the car away in the garage at the end of the day. I get that there are some guys that really don't care about the color of their cars. I'm certainly envious of them when it comes to buying a car as that would seemingly make the buying process less time consuming. But when it comes to owning a car I must admit that I'm just not one of them.

Quick Reply: S2K Colors and Pricing?