S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: Do you think this article belongs on the front page?
I agree - I don't see a problem.
14.98%
I disagree - This doesn't belong on the front page
48.79%
I don't care - I think you're overreacting.
36.23%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

"S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?

Old 03-13-2006, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Mar 13 2006, 06:31 PM
Not when Im paying for the site, and the article associates me, an s2000 driver, as a loser because evos are hot corollas.
Honda-tech awaits you...

And OMG, you're paying for the WHOLE site? That's pretty awesome.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Castor,Mar 13 2006, 07:43 PM
He probably signed on just to post this response.

It's unfortunate to see but I guess we should sorta expected this to happen. Hopefully this does not turn into a flame war and encourages more s2k owners to express their opinions and/or vote either way.
Some of you guys brought this on yourselves, so don't get pissed at me for responding! I love this quote from another evo "enthusiast" concerning the S2000. And I quote
"The S2K isn't even in our league, The guy that posted that write up on their first page is obviously offended by this very fact. If you buy an S2K you are wasting a lot of money IMHO.

The S2K only shines at AutoX/ Road course events but doesn't out shine the EVO by any means! That's it, every where else it is hurting. It is under powered, not very responsive to mods, not a very practical car for daily use (Not much room) and the power band is pretty narrow (It has improved over the years). Think of the S2K as a high school girl that peaked in High School. When you buy it, that is it it, it doesn't get much better.

The EVO comes from the factory screaming and then can produce some fanatical results in anything that it trys! Drag Racing/ AutoX/ Road Course/ Car shows/ Rally Racing/ Street Racing/ unlimited tuning capabilities ect, ect.... It is know wonder that the Drew Gross the guy that wrote that article was so intimidated by our EVOs." end quote.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"fanatical results"

I agree. I'm going to sell my S2000 right now...be back.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by webdiva,Mar 13 2006, 07:47 PM
Unhh...I think you just proved Drew's point.
A stock evo VIII or IX will spank that ass, let alone a modified evo. Your's and Drew's point are pointless!
Old 03-13-2006, 07:00 PM

Put away the sticks and stones people.... Pretty soon people will start riots about it and cause World War 3. Get a life.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:02 PM

didn't even notice the article until i read this post. at first i felt the same as you. seemed to be a little harsh on the evo. but after reading the whole article, i cant help but to agree 100%. the s2000 is what it is. a true sports car. very few cars can be labeled and the s2000 is one of the few, for a very low cost.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow..... I can't believe Steve C hasn't chimed in on this one.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by evolutionmb,Mar 13 2006, 10:33 PM
This is some funny shit some of you guys are posting. I am an evo owner, and word has spread to my community. Most of the posts have us laughing, as some of us think this article shows some of the ignorance other enthusiasts have for our car. I know that this can be a pissing match, but I felt obligated to post in your forum. I am going to speak for myself on this issue, and in no way represent the entire evo community. IMO, here's why I think that the evo is the better of the two cars.
1) Stock for stock the evo beats the S2000 in almost every performance category. (Especially the IX)
2) We can drive our cars the entire year safely, and have functional space inside the cabin and in the trunk.
3) "Modability" the S2000 costs A LOT of cash to make it even come close to an evo - other than for auto crossing.
4) 4g63 is a proven winner for over 14 years, and is bullet proof to over 500Hp. S2000 engine is quite impressive, but only in the upper RPM range.
5) Torque curve - Evo's have it and S2000's don't
6) Styling - personal preference, but I like the Evo much better than the S

I could be a total dick and say that I think the S2000 is a glorified Miata, but that wouldn't be fair.
Lastly, S2000's are built for only two reasons
1) auto cross cars
2) pussy patrol - kind of like the Z - people like the way both cars look, but they don't serve the same purpose the evo was intended for.

F the flame suit - bring it!!!!!!!!!!
Come to Norwalk raceway this summer and put your money where your mouth is!
I'm out..........
I really don't see the point in comparing these two cars. Just because both cars were in the same price range when we were all car shopping doesn't mean we can compare them back to back. They are too different. Whichever car suits your needs or wants better will be your choice. This, I have no problem with. In fact, I would expect that more people would choose the EVO over an S2K for a number of obvious reasons.

You can post here all you like. You can bash the S2K all you like. I can't blame you for wanting to defend your car after the entire S2K community just threw a stone in your general direction. (Thanks Drew ) But you know that it won't gain you anything and you'll just sound like an asshole. Just keep it clean and realize that not everyone is bashing the EVO.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by evolutionmb,Mar 13 2006, 07:52 PM
Some of you guys brought this on yourselves, so don't get pissed at me for responding! I love this quote from another evo "enthusiast" concerning the S2000. And I quote
"The S2K isn't even in our league, The guy that posted that write up on their first page is obviously offended by this very fact. If you buy an S2K you are wasting a lot of money IMHO.

The S2K only shines at AutoX/ Road course events but doesn't out shine the EVO by any means! That's it, every where else it is hurting. It is under powered, not very responsive to mods, not a very practical car for daily use (Not much room) and the power band is pretty narrow (It has improved over the years). Think of the S2K as a high school girl that peaked in High School. When you buy it, that is it it, it doesn't get much better.

The EVO comes from the factory screaming and then can produce some fanatical results in anything that it trys! Drag Racing/ AutoX/ Road Course/ Car shows/ Rally Racing/ Street Racing/ unlimited tuning capabilities ect, ect.... It is know wonder that the Drew Gross the guy that wrote that article was so intimidated by our EVOs." end quote.
I modified my original post. Please read it. I think we agree in many places and ironically may have been to some of the same events.

This thread has become much larger then I thought it would be and I'm sure if you've read it from the beginning you would understand when I said it's unfortunate the flame wars started.

I'm the one who started this thread and believes that the article should be taken off the front page because it was one person's opinion expressed in such a way that many people in the S2k forum would disagree with. All I wanted to get was a vote of people who thought the same. In the course of doing so people have been airing out all of their opinions.

I just thought it was unfortunate we got away from that and went back to the why each of our cars suck routine.

"shrug" Looking a the votes it looks like a large minority of people object to the article but also many people just don't care. I'm sure many more don't care but didn't feel the need to vote as such.

Maybe moderators will look and consider taking it down. Most likely not. I satisfied that at least I got to speak my piece.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by webdiva,Mar 13 2006, 10:36 PM
Are you referring to Rallye? If you are, that's like saying Sasha Cohen was a shitty figure skater cuz she never won any mudwrestling contests!
No it's not. Not at all. The S2000 hasnt won shit compared to the STi and the EVO. I love my car and love the fact that it is not based upon a civic, but to put the EVO/STi down because they are based upon econoboxes is somewhat comical when such successful racecars were also based on the same platforms.

People who argue that EVOs and STis are illegitimate performance cars have obviously never experienced them. Or they are just blinded by their own narrow-mindedness. The S2000 is not the end all be all of sports cars. It's awesome, thats a fact, but your head is in the clouds.

Quick Reply: "S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?