S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: Do you think this article belongs on the front page?
I agree - I don't see a problem.
14.98%
I disagree - This doesn't belong on the front page
48.79%
I don't care - I think you're overreacting.
36.23%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

"S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?

Old 03-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Point is, the s2000 community has nothing to prove, and the real evo guys respect our cars. I believe we should extend them the same courtesy. If some ricer said something in a thread, it just means HE said it. If its on the front page of our community, that means WE said it.

I think it is insulting to the Evo owners, and should not be on the frontpage of a website, of a car that had to overcome so much....
Old 03-13-2006, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ejoyed the article... drew wrote it well... he stated facts about both cars, gave pros and cons on the lancer and gave his respected opinion on why he thought the s2k was a better "sports" car.

Maybe his language was a little harsh, b/c he did get some of you guys riled up about it, but what opinion piece wouldn't be?
Old 03-13-2006, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by slimjim8201,Mar 13 2006, 06:54 PM
Castor, I want to thank you for starting this thread. You've shown far more mettle in writing this than Drew did in writing his article. I don't care how much "experience" Drew has driving cars. His article is blatent exploitation of his access to the front page.
Thanks.

These results are probably the same for other forums as well. You get people from all around the country with completely different backgrounds/personalities and all we really have in common is this car. I guess it makes sense that we would be all over the place.

I bet if I went to the evolutionm.net I'd find a couple threads talking about this article and people are saying the same thing.

1. S2k's are junk... Evos are better.
2. Who cares... why are you wasting your time. Just enjoy your car.

The problem is... I think we all care to a certain extent. People on this forum and others like it are the small minority of an already low production run car. For us cars are not just for transportation. Hopefully Evo owners are reading this forum and looking at ALL the posts both good and bad and make up their own damn mind. All of these responses are what this forum thinks... not just the article out front.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by S2oooNvegas,Mar 13 2006, 06:25 PM
i think its about time someone had the balls to say what they feel. sorry that so many of you whiners want it removed. you cant always play *professional* cause your gonna get stepped on. ask most any evo owner you meet on the street,, hey, s2000! they go,,,, slow. yet ive only lost to 2, one at 400 whp, and one at 500 whp. the rest are slow. so i give it right back to them. i like the fact that our page stands up for our mighty lil car. makes me feel good, and it never hurts to talk a little smack now and then, it keeps the playing field level. let the flames go, who cares, its the internet. later dave
"do not allow yourself to become arrogant or discourteous, for both are characteristics adopted by those who seek to cover their weaknesses"
Old 03-13-2006, 06:33 PM

This is some funny shit some of you guys are posting. I am an evo owner, and word has spread to my community. Most of the posts have us laughing, as some of us think this article shows some of the ignorance other enthusiasts have for our car. I know that this can be a pissing match, but I felt obligated to post in your forum. I am going to speak for myself on this issue, and in no way represent the entire evo community. IMO, here's why I think that the evo is the better of the two cars.
1) Stock for stock the evo beats the S2000 in almost every performance category. (Especially the IX)
2) We can drive our cars the entire year safely, and have functional space inside the cabin and in the trunk.
3) "Modability" the S2000 costs A LOT of cash to make it even come close to an evo - other than for auto crossing.
4) 4g63 is a proven winner for over 14 years, and is bullet proof to over 500Hp. S2000 engine is quite impressive, but only in the upper RPM range.
5) Torque curve - Evo's have it and S2000's don't
6) Styling - personal preference, but I like the Evo much better than the S

I could be a total dick and say that I think the S2000 is a glorified Miata, but that wouldn't be fair.
Lastly, S2000's are built for only two reasons
1) auto cross cars
2) pussy patrol - kind of like the Z - people like the way both cars look, but they don't serve the same purpose the evo was intended for.

F the flame suit - bring it!!!!!!!!!!
Come to Norwalk raceway this summer and put your money where your mouth is!
I'm out..........
Old 03-13-2006, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by slimjim8201,Mar 13 2006, 06:24 PM
Yes, it is based on the Lancer. How many FIA world championships does the Lancer have. How many FIA world championchips does the S2000 have. I'll stop there.
Are you referring to Rallye? If you are, that's like saying Sasha Cohen was a shitty figure skater cuz she never won any mudwrestling contests!
Old 03-13-2006, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by evolutionmb,Mar 13 2006, 07:33 PM
This is some funny shit some of you guys are posting. I am an evo owner, and word has spread to my community. Most of the posts have us laughing, as some of us think this article shows some of the ignorance other enthusiasts have for our car. I know that this can be a pissing match, but I felt obligated to post in your forum. I am going to speak for myself on this issue, and in no way represent the entire evo community. IMO, here's why I think that the evo is the better of the two cars.
1) Stock for stock the evo beats the S2000 in almost every performance category. (Especially the IX)
2) We can drive our cars the entire year safely, and have functional space inside the cabin and in the trunk.
3) "Modability" the S2000 costs A LOT of cash to make it even come close to an evo - other than for auto crossing.
4) 4g63 is a proven winner for over 14 years, and is bullet proof to over 500Hp. S2000 engine is quite impressive, but only in the upper RPM range.
5) Torque curve - Evo's have it and S2000's don't
6) Styling - personal preference, but I like the Evo much better than the S

I could be a total dick and say that I think the S2000 is a glorified Miata, but that wouldn't be fair.
Lastly, S2000's are built for only two reasons
1) auto cross cars
2) pussy patrol - kind of like the Z - people like the way both cars look, but they don't serve the same purpose the evo was intended for.

F the flame suit - bring it!!!!!!!!!!
Come to Norwalk raceway this summer and put your money where your mouth is!
I'm out..........
Um, have you DRIVEN an S2000? Correct me if I'm wrong, but your status says "enthusiast".
Old 03-13-2006, 06:43 PM

This was posted in the evolutionm.net forum by the guy you are referring to. I think the language in the current post is just to get arise out of people.

"I also live in Ohio, and my brother owned an S2K for 3 years. Consider the following..... Evo's are the hands down better overal car IMO, but S2K's are sexy as hell. Good luck
1) Location in Ohio - I live in NE Ohio and the weather is extremely unpredictable ( Sunny to snow in less than a day)
2) Do you have another beater to drive around in the above scenario? ^^^^ If not, the Evo is more practical.
3) Are you going to mod your new car? You have some of the best tuners in Ohio - Buschur racing, Shearer, JUN BL, Slick Motorsports, Shepard, etc...) for Evo's Hope I am not missing anyone
4) Are you going to be involved in a club? Pretty much Evo's are rare up here, as I know most owners or have atleast talked with them once in the past 3 years. Most Cleveland owners hangout with Subaru guys from Lersoc.com, so it is about an 85-90% advantage for Subby guys.
Ohio S2Ki guys are a really great groups of guys, and they schedule annual drives and track days all the time. Went on one with my brother to SR26 two years ago, and it was a blast.

Hope this helps you!"

lol, ironically I'm the one who started this thread and I enjoy hanging out with the ohio people as well.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:45 PM

I have driven an S2000 on quite a few occassions - Brother owned one for 3 years, and he much rather prefers my evo to his old S. I think his quote was, "Holy batshit, that thing is Fing crazy!!!!!!!"
My car is far from stock, but you get the point.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by evolutionmb,Mar 13 2006, 07:45 PM
My car is far from stock, but you get the point.
Unhh...I think you just proved Drew's point.

Quick Reply: "S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?