S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: Do you think this article belongs on the front page?
I agree - I don't see a problem.
14.98%
I disagree - This doesn't belong on the front page
48.79%
I don't care - I think you're overreacting.
36.23%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

"S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?

Old 03-13-2006, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HondaS2kRay,Mar 13 2006, 06:18 PM
This is OVERKILL... People go out and do something with your lives! Everyone is entitled to their freedom of speech especially if it favors the same exact thing that this site supports! If you don't like it then don't read it.

Who knows the S2000 gods probably wanted an article like this
Your right. This is not some huge deal and in reality nothing will change. I don't even think the article will be pulled down no matter how many people object. In the grand scheme of things... who cares.

Having said that. I think that more and more people on the west coast who know drew are probably going to try and defend him. But I think that the content of what he said is not the real problem. This i not an attach on what was said. It's where it is placed. Being on the front page and it seems that drew is speaking for all of us. Freedom is speech is nice if we all get a chance to yell.

Drew got front page on a website I frequent almost everyday... and wrote an article that many people it seems just plain disagrees with.

I think a lot of people are bad mouthing the article itself but the actual content is no different from what is in these forums all the time. There are probably mirror images on the evolutionm.net, nasioc.com, and etc. etc. Drew is most likely a person who has more experience racing then a lot of us... including me. But that doesn't give him the right to put down another car, regardless of his validity, on the front cover.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by webdiva
Build quality [of the Evo] is not top notch. Drive an Sti and you'll see the difference.
And the build quality of the S2000 is light years ahead of the STi (my previous car) -- making, by comparison, the S something of a luxury model. The leather seats are especially nice compared to the cloth ones in the STi, for example.

I guess the notion that the front-page editorial was a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, an intentional poke at that, makes the most sense. Thing is, as I remember from a couple of STi forums, the Evo crowd is hyper-sensitive. Be careful of what you wish for. HPH
Old 03-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you think this article belongs on the front page?

Catagory #1
I agree - I don't see a problem. [ 9 ] [16.67%]
I don't care - I think you're overreacting. [ 19 ] [35.19%]

(I don't care and I agree) can be classified as one group.

28 Votes

Catagory#2
I disagree - This doesn't belong on the front page [ 26 ] [48.15%]

26 votes.

It's a split. Not one group os right or wrong.

BC
Old 03-13-2006, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by S2oooNvegas,Mar 13 2006, 09:25 PM
i think its about time someone had the balls to say what they feel. sorry that so many of you whiners want it removed. you cant always play *professional* cause your gonna get stepped on. ask most any evo owner you meet on the street,, hey, s2000! they go,,,, slow. yet ive only lost to 2, one at 400 whp, and one at 500 whp. the rest are slow. so i give it right back to them. i like the fact that our page stands up for our mighty lil car. makes me feel good, and it never hurts to talk a little smack now and then, it keeps the playing field level. let the flames go, who cares, its the internet. later dave
I could sit here and combat this bullshit all night. If no one else does it, this is going to spread like syphillis in ancient Rome.

It seems like you guys are just walking around, looking to pick a fight. The whole article comes off as defensive. We have nothing to prove. If you troll around on the EVO forums, scrape off the top 15% of the bullshit, you will find that the hardcore EVO community has a deep respect for what our car stands for.

It keeps the playing field even?? What? Really? Since when did talking shit level anything? Saying someones car is a POS doesn't make your car faster.

Yes, this is the internet, but it's also our community.

Grow up.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Back-cracker,Mar 13 2006, 06:30 PM

Just relax, enjoy and have fun like this guy
You have to whore that picture on every thread you make huh? hahahahah it cracks me up everytime! Who is that guy btw?
Old 03-13-2006, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Mar 13 2006, 06:39 PM
Ummm....calling one of the best performing cars out there, for a great price, with amazing technology a hopped up corolla, is as dumb as it can get. Also to the people who always defend their "bargain basement" Honda against the Z4, Boxter, etc should appreciate cars like the Sti and Evo.

This is an enthusiast site, and most of us appreciate all cars if they have sometime to offer, which they do. I for one dont want to be associated to this kind of thinking. Its just plain stupid calling one of the best, if not THE best rally cars in the world a hopped up corolla.
I am with you the EVO and Sti are cool cars based on rally car technology however my friends that have had recent Mitsubishi products have not been what I call happy after several years of ownership ! Second an import mechanic friend said that based on what he has seen on the EVO for they had one working on it the last time I was there said the EVO was not as good as the STI and he would own nothing that Mitsubishi made and for a winter time ride that "He could think of nothing better than a Subaru."
For me I have trouble comparing the two (STI vs S2k) because the S screams spring and summer is for me while the Sti says fall and winter let me be your very fast guide. My thinking on the STI vs S2k is to say "I will take one of each please!"
Old 03-13-2006, 05:46 PM

As I agree to part of the article (I own[/ed] both cars too), I didn't expect the attitude or tone of it would come from this board though. I thought this is a more mature crowd and that kind of attitude/tone could only come from evolutionm.net or clubsi.com.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Silverstreak HX
...the S screams spring and summer is for me while the Sti says fall and winter let me be your very fast guide. My thinking on the STI vs S2k is to say "I will take one of each please!"
This is the most intelligent comment on the topic so far (although it's slightly off-topic for the segue over to the STi). I had my STi in the mountains of Santa Fe (at 7000' and up) and thought of it as a ski car, and when I made plans to move here to Florida, I lost interest in it and got the S. So the comparison issue goes back to where I started -- they're apples and oranges. (The Evo and the STi are different flavors of apples, of course, but that's another argument altogether.) HPH
Old 03-13-2006, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Back-cracker,Mar 13 2006, 06:36 PM
Do you think this article belongs on the front page?

Catagory #1
I agree - I don't see a problem. [ 9 ] [16.67%]
I don't care - I think you're overreacting. [ 19 ] [35.19%]

(I don't care and I agree) can be classified as one group.

28 Votes

Catagory#2
I disagree - This doesn't belong on the front page [ 26 ] [48.15%]

26 votes.

It's a split. Not one group os right or wrong.

BC
hmm.... hopefully people who vote "agree" and "I don't care" don't think EXACTLY the same. You may think it's splitting hairs but this is why I put both and I think the difference is important.

I think that people "agree" are the people that advocate the article being the front page and believe that to take it off is wrong.

I added the "I don't care" column because many on the forum believe that this kind of discussion is pointless to being with. They may or may not advocate the article but don't think it's a big deal either way and is a waste of time to talk about it. Just trying to get an accurate idea of what people think.

Too many times the loudest and the most persistent get the larger voice. Though totally NOT scientific we can at least see what a lot of people think about this issue.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:54 PM

Castor, I want to thank you for starting this thread. You've shown far more mettle in writing this than Drew did in writing his article. I don't care how much "experience" Drew has driving cars. His article is blatent exploitation of his access to the front page.

Quick Reply: "S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?