S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: Do you think this article belongs on the front page?
I agree - I don't see a problem.
14.98%
I disagree - This doesn't belong on the front page
48.79%
I don't care - I think you're overreacting.
36.23%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

"S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?

Old 03-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fshwcrs,Mar 13 2006, 08:40 PM

double standards are great, eh?
The crap that has been happening on this website lately is mindboggling.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i try my best to stay out of S2000 talk and street encounters, but every once in a while ill peek in there and within 30 seconds ill remember why i vowed never to enter. i stick to regional forums, the gallery, classifieds and the jdm forum to make my "when i win the lottery" shopping list
Old 03-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

It's all fun and games. Don't stress. I was getting tired of the "same" crap that was on there for 2 years straight.

BC
Old 03-13-2006, 05:04 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Back-cracker,Mar 13 2006, 08:49 PM
It's all fun and games. Don't stress. I was getting tired of the "same" crap that was on there for 2 years straight.

BC

Don't sweat it. I for one am happy to see ANY new content on the front page. Keep it coming. If is bashes Mitsu-shitties, all the better.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:10 PM

Let me just point this out: The title right above the front page articles reads:

The Honda S2000 Community

I think this article belongs in S2000 Talk and no where else. CERTAINLY not on the front page. I am a paying member of this forum. Frankly, I don't share the same opinion. By displaying this article so proudly and prominantly on the homepage of this forum, an illusion is generated that each and every member also thinks this way....which is utter bullshit.

The only thing he got right is that you can't compare these two cars. He states this in the begining of his article. They are too different. The funny thing is, the entire rest of the article is one big comparison.

There is NOTHING good that can come out of a negative article like this. This article has no place or purpose, other than opinion. You have nothing to gain by bashing someone or something else. It's low. It's immature. It doesn't belong on this forum.

I hope all of the EVO/STi owners read this thread. Maybe we can save a little face.

Drew, its fine if you want to make yourself look like an asshole. I'll have no issues with that whatsoever. You can get out your rainjacket and weather the shitstorm alone. What you have done here is pulled every other member of this forum/S2000 owner into the fray with you. Thanks.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by fshwcrs,Mar 13 2006, 05:23 PM
i think the people that bash on the Evo's/STi's are bitter because theyve gotten their ass handed to them a few too many times in a race.

people that have something to prove bother me. the people that talk shit make the rest of us look like assholes, and its not really fair. i go out of my way to give people the thumbs up if they have a clean car. doesnt matter if its an srt4, evo, sti, old civic hb, vette, miata, whatever. maybe some of you bought this car for a different reason than those of us who are secure enough to be able to give props to an "inferior " car.
Drew states facts that are true. I don't see a problem with that. As well, Drew has extensive track experience. Evos and STis are great cars, they're fun. But they're also what true racers (and no, not street racers, kids) call "cheater cars", it's easier to go faster in one of them with less skill. But they limit you once your skills get better (unless you have extensive mods, as Drew said). This has been proven time and time again in our So Cal autocross circle.

I did a very thorough evaluation of how all the cars would perform before I purchased one. I drove ALL of them in an autocross environment. So I know what I'm talking about. And I'm here to back Drew up based on that experience. Can you say the same?
Old 03-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Former Moderator

^Amen Slimjim
Old 03-13-2006, 05:13 PM

Great article IMO
Old 03-13-2006, 05:13 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by webdiva,Mar 13 2006, 09:10 PM
Drew states facts that are true. I don't see a problem with that. As well, Drew has extensive track experience. Evos and STis are great cars, they're fun. But they're also what true racers (and no, not street racers, kids) call "cheater cars", it's easier to go faster in one of them with less skill. And they limit you once your skills get better.

I did a very thorough evaluation of how all the cars would perform before I purchased one. I drove ALL of them in an autocross environment. So I know what I'm talking about. And I'm here to back Drew up based on that experience. Can you say the same?
If the article was written with tact, I would agree. Calling an EVO an econobox souped up corolla discredits everything he said.

Articles on the front page of a website should be professionally written, with tact.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Mar 13 2006, 06:13 PM
If the article was written with tact, I would agree. Calling an EVO an econobox souped up corolla discredits everything he said.

Articles on the front page of a website should be professionally written, with tact.
But come on now...it's based on the Lancer. Which. is. an. econobox.

What he's saying is that it's not a purpose built sports car. And it's not. Build quality is not top notch. Drive an Sti and you'll see the difference.

Quick Reply: "S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?