S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: Do you think this article belongs on the front page?
I agree - I don't see a problem.
14.98%
I disagree - This doesn't belong on the front page
48.79%
I don't care - I think you're overreacting.
36.23%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

"S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?

Old 03-13-2006, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fshwcrs,Mar 13 2006, 05:23 PM
i think the people that bash on the Evo's/STi's are bitter because theyve gotten their ass handed to them a few too many times in a race.

people that have something to prove bother me. the people that talk shit make the rest of us look like assholes, and its not really fair. i go out of my way to give people the thumbs up if they have a clean car. doesnt matter if its an srt4, evo, sti, old civic hb, vette, miata, whatever. maybe some of you bought this car for a different reason than those of us who are secure enough to be able to give props to an "inferior " car.
honestly i think that's an ignorant comment.

most of us don't street race. again...ignorant comment. you shouldn't generalize like that.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:32 PM

I thought it was a fairly good article, and it went out of the way to try to be a little unbiased. I did, however, laugh my ass off over the last line "...not a poser-tuner Corolla"

Originally Posted by rsaeini,Mar 13 2006, 05:30 PM
honestly i think that's an ignorant comment.

most of us don't street race. again...ignorant comment. you shouldn't generalize like that.
exactly how i feel about the article. what a coincidence
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think its a stupid atricle, with nothing but 10000% riceboy logic. Its an embarassment to have on the front page of the forum.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by fshwcrs,Mar 13 2006, 05:23 PM
i think the people that bash on the Evo's/STi's are bitter because theyve gotten their ass handed to them a few too many times in a race.

people that have something to prove bother me. the people that talk shit make the rest of us look like assholes, and its not really fair. i go out of my way to give people the thumbs up if they have a clean car. doesnt matter if its an srt4, evo, sti, old civic hb, vette, miata, whatever. maybe some of you bought this car for a different reason than those of us who are secure enough to be able to give props to an "inferior " car.
Drew is a little biased, but some facts are true. Funny how you mentioned about ass handing by the STi/EVOs, I got my ass handed by a friend's S at a trackday, and that's one of the reasons why I sold my STi for a S.

They are all great cars, and Drew has stuff to back him up, so I think ppl can chill. It's just an article, don't get too work up ppl.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by zgodfathera,Mar 13 2006, 05:29 PM
gosh i have a new found respent for s2k owners, i thought this was gonna all out war! Wrong, it turned out to be pretty civil... nice
You will see that most of us here are car guys. I love the EVO. But wouldn't trade anything for my S.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by propnuts,Mar 13 2006, 05:32 PM
I thought it was a fairly good article, and it went out of the way to try to be a little unbiased. I did, however, laugh my ass off over the last line "...not a poser-tuner Corolla"
i dont think the author went out of his way to be anything but inflammatory.

not sure how you can say it went out of its way to be unbiased and in the same sentence talk about the article making the comparison to a corolla...
Old 03-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pointa-b-c,Mar 13 2006, 08:33 PM
Drew is a little biased, but some facts are true. Funny how you mentioned about ass handing by the STi/EVOs, I got my ass handed by a friend's S at a trackday, and that's one of the reasons why I sold my STi for a S.

They are all great cars, and Drew has stuff to back him up, so I think ppl can chill. It's just an article, don't get too work up ppl.
Ummm....calling one of the best performing cars out there, for a great price, with amazing technology a hopped up corolla, is as dumb as it can get. Also to the people who always defend their "bargain basement" Honda against the Z4, Boxter, etc should appreciate cars like the Sti and Evo.

This is an enthusiast site, and most of us appreciate all cars if they have sometime to offer, which they do. I for one dont want to be associated to this kind of thinking. Its just plain stupid calling one of the best, if not THE best rally cars in the world a hopped up corolla.

The article author probably got raped at the track by an Evo, and decided to write that drivel.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is this Evo you speak of?
Old 03-13-2006, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Mar 13 2006, 05:39 PM
Ummm....calling one of the best performing cars out there, for a great price, with amazing technology a hopped up corolla, is as dumb as it can get. Also to the people who always defend their "bargain basement" Honda against the Z4, Boxter, etc should appreciate cars like the Sti and Evo.

This is an enthusiast site, and most of us appreciate all cars if they have sometime to offer, which they do. I for one dont want to be associated to this kind of thinking. Its just plain stupid calling one of the best, if not THE best rally cars in the world a hopped up corolla.

The article author probably got raped at the track by an Evo, and decided to write that drivel.

double standards are great, eh?

Quick Reply: "S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?