S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: Do you think this article belongs on the front page?
I agree - I don't see a problem.
14.98%
I disagree - This doesn't belong on the front page
48.79%
I don't care - I think you're overreacting.
36.23%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

"S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?

Old 03-13-2006, 03:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My personal opinion:

That is a poorly written article without any facts and with only just one side of the story. After reading it I am left wondering why this article was ever written? I think it should be removed
Old 03-13-2006, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MulderATO,Mar 13 2006, 04:40 PM
Wow.. this seems to have really gotten people worked up. I didn't even know it was there til someone else mentioned it in another forum (car talk I think). Honestly..... I never check the homepage, I jump straight to the forums. I read threw it plus read what others said.

Honestly I could care less, but I will say this... the S2000 looks SOOOO much better. Do you think the EVO or STi guess get questioned about what kind of car they are driving like we do? No... they see them all the time (or atleast they see what they are based off of, and 99.9% of people can't tell the diffrence).
Thanks for your opinion.

I encourage people to write in and though I agree with your point about the looks but this may not be the place to talk about it. I would not like this to turn into the very thing I'm talking about.

Please try to stem the urge to post on how you think the S2k is "no comparision" to the Evo. I would like to get everyone's opinion and not get this banned.

Thanks.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:47 PM

OH!

Mia culpa -- I hadn't realized there was a SK2I Home Page article that was prompting these (dumb) responses. But I think I'll stick with my previous comments anyway. Apples and oranges. HPH
Old 03-13-2006, 03:51 PM

Received 241 Likes on 180 Posts

This is going to heat up fast! I can feel those non-owners signing up now. There is no way in hell this subject will be discussed calmly.

Uh oh. Starting to get those "site offline" messages. Think the word is out yet in EVO land?
Old 03-13-2006, 03:53 PM

I agree with you on this one. I was kind of suprised when I saw that on the front page, and coming from an S2000 owner, I still think the EVO is a great car with neither in stock form better then the other, but different.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:59 PM

The tone of this article is quite negative towards the EVO. Even it is an inferior track car, there is no need to insult it by calling it a "poser tuned corolla" The placement of this article on the first page of s2ki.com makes the author's points seem representative of the entire community. I do not insult evo owners because their cars suck. I don't talk trash.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I too was surprised to see this article on the front page, however I found it pretty comical and enjoyed reading it, even if the opinion expressed was biased and perhaps unfounded at times
Old 03-13-2006, 04:21 PM

i think it was a good article and it sheds light in a topic that has come up several times in the past couple months.

i hate to be blunt but if you don't like it then don't read it. i think this thread is overkill.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:23 PM

i think the people that bash on the Evo's/STi's are bitter because theyve gotten their ass handed to them a few too many times in a race.

people that have something to prove bother me. the people that talk shit make the rest of us look like assholes, and its not really fair. i go out of my way to give people the thumbs up if they have a clean car. doesnt matter if its an srt4, evo, sti, old civic hb, vette, miata, whatever. maybe some of you bought this car for a different reason than those of us who are secure enough to be able to give props to an "inferior " car.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:29 PM

gosh i have a new found respent for s2k owners, i thought this was gonna all out war! Wrong, it turned out to be pretty civil... nice

Quick Reply: "S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?