S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: Do you think this article belongs on the front page?
I agree - I don't see a problem.
14.98%
I disagree - This doesn't belong on the front page
48.79%
I don't care - I think you're overreacting.
36.23%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

"S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?

Old 03-14-2006, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wisconsin S2k
I don't necessarily agree with some of the opinions expressed in the article on the front page, but as for the actual factual information, it's mostly correct.
You're correct. His facts are mostly correct, which is not where the issue lies.

Also as stated, there's nothing wrong with being based on the lancer (the JDM lancer) with its heritage and dominating rally history.
If there is nothing wrong with being based off the same platform, why is this fact blatantly looked down upon in the article?

- "The LANCER Evolution is based on Mitsubishi
Old 03-14-2006, 11:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, so many people are missing the point of this thread.

You can try to excuse it all you want but the issue here is that the front page opinion was completely uncalled for and out of left feild.

In most hands, the Evo will be the faster car just like in most cases the S2000 will hand it to a Miata.

Great.

But that doesn't justify a front page editorial on why the S2000 is a better car than the Miata.

Was it some sort of marketing scheme or something? I hope so. Theres no need to drive a member oriented community through the mud with this kind of immature negativity.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:55 AM

I haven't read through the six previous pages of content, I am just posting my honest opinion. I am not taking sides with anyone else on the board, just my own personal standpoint.

I saw this topic on the clubsi website, with a link back to s2ki. This is really making S2ki look like a childish forum. I have been a member of this site long enough to know that the people on here are more mature than this. We have car enthusiast from all over, everyone liking or disliking all different makes and models of vehicles, and I don't have a problem with that. However having that article where it is makes us look no better that the teenage ricers talking shit about neons and so forth. I mean come on guys, aren't we supposed to represent those who have moved passed all that adolesenct finger pointing? Yeah we all have and love S2000's but we don't have to represent ourselves in this way. I mean we have both former and current Evo owners on the board, and they love the car for what it is. The bottem line is that they are two different cars altogether, so why even compare them? I love this website and what we stand for, and I don't think that article is what S2ki stands for.

-James
Old 03-14-2006, 12:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Mar 14 2006, 03:03 PM
Amen. I find it curiously convenient that no-one from admin chimed in here.
They're too busy threatening people that are:
1) "advertising" but not paying for it (i.e. offering one time deals to other members, where they are gaining no profit themselves)
2) using foul/degrading language
3) putting pictures in their signatures when only a guest

After all, one obscure post in the middle of a thread on page 3 that affects only a very small population is way more important than the first article people are greeted with when coming to this website. This is quite possibly the best example of mis-guided priorities I've seen yet.

Or maybe, since it's raising such a stink and bringing in fresh visitors (more advert hits=more $$$), it's the best example of spot-on priorities. More and more this site seems to be run as a business trying to make a buck than as a service for the S2000 community.

(maybe that will get their attention)
Old 03-14-2006, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by fshwcrs,Mar 13 2006, 07:29 PM
"do not allow yourself to become arrogant or discourteous, for both are characteristics adopted by those who seek to cover their weaknesses"
LOL> my quote doesnt say, be a pussy and get your ass beat. its a scholar warrior quote, sorry you dont get it.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Habitforming,Mar 14 2006, 01:04 PM
They're too busy threatening people that are:
1) "advertising" but not paying for it (i.e. offering one time deals to other members, where they are gaining no profit themselves)
2) using foul/degrading language
3) putting pictures in their signatures when only a guest

After all, one obscure post in the middle of a thread on page 3 that affects only a very small population is way more important than the first article people are greeted with when coming to this website. This is quite possibly the best example of mis-guided priorities I've seen yet.

Or maybe, since it's raising such a stink and bringing in fresh visitors (more advert hits=more $$$), it's the best example of spot-on priorities. More and more this site seems to be run as a business trying to make a buck than as a service for the S2000 community.

(maybe that will get their attention)
Old 03-14-2006, 12:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Mar 14 2006, 02:49 PM
The information provided in the article is false, wrong, biased, skewed, insulting, and just plain dumb. In a thread, thats fine.
Yeah, so if you're going to be a misinformed ricer-fanboi, take that trash to the forums where it belongs!
Old 03-14-2006, 12:28 PM

Just wanted to add after reading through some of the pages that I don't feel a poll about this topic will make a difference. Anyone can come in here and vote in a poll, whether they are a paying member on the site, or a lurker who just registered as of today. I feel that because there are paying members on these boards who feel it is offensive, taking the article down should be seriously considered. As a paying member, I am displaying a certain degree of admiration and respect to those who put the site togeather and keep it running, by making an annual contribution. With that being said, shouldn't they in turn focus on the feelings and needs of those who pay? I understand that there are a lot of members who don't care, however the feelings of those that do have a problem with something, no matter how large or small the number is, have to be considered when something like this arises.

-James
Old 03-14-2006, 12:34 PM

This is an S2000 furum isn't it????
Old 03-14-2006, 12:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those threads that read 'my xx is better than xx' which are full of obsenities and stubborness should be locked.

Quick Reply: "S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?