S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: Do you think this article belongs on the front page?
I agree - I don't see a problem.
14.98%
I disagree - This doesn't belong on the front page
48.79%
I don't care - I think you're overreacting.
36.23%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

"S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?

Old 03-14-2006, 10:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Mar 14 2006, 01:34 PM
Im bored at work, and have time. I will join the Evo forums and make the article writer look like a complete idiot, which he is, and save the rest of the s2000 members.
Dude, that's just ridiculous. We don't need to be "saved". And by you going over and bashing someone who wrote an editorial, doesn't that make you the pot calling the kettle black?

In your opinion, the guy who wrote the article is a complete idiot. So now, you want to go over to another forum, and try to "represent" the s2ki community by pushing your opinion as fact, and try to make someone else look bad? Isn't that the same exact thing?
Old 03-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Wisconsin S2k,Mar 14 2006, 02:41 PM] Dude, that's just ridiculous.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 160 Likes on 98 Posts

Thank you for doing that NFRs2000NYC....

If you read some of the links to the Evo forums, alot of people said they did or do respect the S2ki community and they viewed it as a mature group of enthusiats..

All this respect and image of a mature group of people is down the sh*tter now..

Take the article down for the sites sake... This stuff is in Car Talk and S2000 Talk all the time, its nothing new. Its the fact that because its on the front page, it speaks for all of us.. And thats far from what this forum is about.

This forum is one of the last forums online with credible people and a lack of fanboy ricers that sh*ttalk their car down the 1/4.

-Dustin
Old 03-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Former Moderator

No problem....I still dont understand why this is so difficult for people to comprehend. For the sake of our forum, take down that stupid article.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PLEASE REMOVE THE ARTICLE

Extremely childish and poorly written article with more anti-evo opinions than you can shake a stick at. I would expect the article to be slightly biased towards the s2k, but seriously, is name calling appropriate?

Many individuals will see this article as a representation of the s2ki community, which does not paint a very nice picture.

Yes, evo trolls have recently invaded but they will quickly leave if you don't fuel the childish fire. But no, we stump to their immature level. Since whoever is involved in this article wants to act like a child, i'll act like your mother; two wrongs don't make a right.

What is the purpose of this article? Does it help potential s2k/evo buyers? No. Does it stop trolls from littering our forums? No. Does it inform s2k owners of the differences between the two cars in an unbiased, factual manner? No. What the article does is perpetuate immature behavior in both the s2k and evo camps. Those that "don't care" or feel it "should stay" really need to think of the reprocussions of this article being on the front page or existing at all.

Remove the article from the front page. Stash it in a forum as free speach should be promoted. But in no way, shape, or form should an article full of opinion talking down upon a group of owners be promoted to the front page of this forum.

Chris
Old 03-14-2006, 11:03 AM
Former Moderator

Amen. I find it curiously convenient that no-one from admin chimed in here.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Mar 14 2006, 04:03 PM
Amen. I find it curiously convenient that no-one from admin chimed in here.
it's because they don't care... if they cared it wouldn't have been posted in the first place with some common sense...
Old 03-14-2006, 11:14 AM

[QUOTE=Wisconsin S2k,Mar 14 2006, 11:39 AM] I don't necessarily agree with some of the opinions expressed in the article on the front page, but as for the actual factual information, it's mostly correct.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:19 AM
Former Moderator

The amount of modifications the Lancer chassis recieves, a real car enthusiast knows it is a no longer the same chassis.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Mar 14 2006, 01:49 PM
You still dont get it do you?

This is not about the s2000 being a better/worse car than the evo. Its about the Administration of the site, as well as the article writer. The front page of this website represents the community as a whole. Whatever is posted on it, is what we think. The information provided in the article is false, wrong, biased, skewed, insulting, and just plain dumb. In a thread, thats fine. But anything posted on the front page of this website represents us. This site has thousands of guests. This is not how I want to be viewed as when i visit another forum. I dont want s2000 drivers to be labeled as fartcan exhaust having pr!cks (which this article makes us out to be.) It is disrespectful to the Evo community, and should not be there. Having the pic of the evo on a jackstand and a funny quote under it is NOT where it belongs.

For the same reason why you defend your Honda to a Porsche owner, respect the "econo" box evo, and not badger it for public mockery.

If you read what other forums say, they are all saying "those s2000 guys".....I am not one of them...I never said that. That article associates us with the stupidity of its content.

Forget the Evo vs S2k subject. That has nothing to do with this thread.
No I do get it. However, I think that anyone who isn't shallow minded, is going to realize that's an editorial, and not necessarily the opinions of the members of the forum.

You're still also very insistent that his article is "false" when really only a part here or there is incorrect. The majority of any factual info presented is correct, so as a whole, the article has more correct facts than incorrect facts. As for the opinions, well they're just that, opinions. And again, if you feel that someone is that shallow minded that they will think that an EDITORIAL is representative of the forum as a whole, then that's their issue.

Quick Reply: "S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?