S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: Do you think this article belongs on the front page?
I agree - I don't see a problem.
14.98%
I disagree - This doesn't belong on the front page
48.79%
I don't care - I think you're overreacting.
36.23%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

"S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?

Old 03-14-2006, 05:28 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People here are missing the point of the thread. This thread is NOT an s2000 vs Evo thread. It is a thread in which this site, and all members of it, are representing the fact that an Evo is nothing more than hopped up Corolla. As car enthusiasts, we should appreciate all cars, and not make fun of one on the front page. It keeps out Honda stigma going...as immature Honda fanboys.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:36 AM
BNB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Mar 14 2006, 08:28 AM
People here are missing the point of the thread. This thread is NOT an s2000 vs Evo thread. It is a thread in which this site, and all members of it, are representing the fact that an Evo is nothing more than hopped up Corolla. As car enthusiasts, we should appreciate all cars, and not make fun of one on the front page. It keeps out Honda stigma going...as immature Honda fanboys.
Well ****ing said.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:37 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=NFRs2000NYC,Mar 14 2006, 10:28 AM] People here are missing the point of the thread.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's my 2 cents,

I chose to disagree with this article being on the front page of what I see as a very respectable, matured car forums. The impression that I received from reading this article wasn't so much a fact but an opinion. If it was strictly facts and if the author chose to write it in a non-bashful manner, then yes, I would agree with this article being on the front page because after all, this is an S2K forums. But the point is that the author didn't. What I got was a man that was pretty much calling Evo owners poor, even though it's the same price or even more expensive than an S, and also he was biased towards only making turns on a track and that's it. He briefly touched straight line performance, but that was it. From there he went right back to the turns. From the many articles that I read about the EVO, I've got the impression that the EVO can handle with the best of them. Just like in the TOP GEAR video where Jeremy compares the Lambo Murcielago to the EVO. The Lambo couldn't pull away from the EVO.

This man seems to have a hatred towards EVO owners for no apparent reason other than maybe personal reasons?!?!?!?

EVO owners,
Ignore that article and pay no attention to it for it is only ONE opinion. I myself am a huge EVO fan and will always be. Rock on fellow Enthusiasts...

Andre
Old 03-14-2006, 07:30 AM

I don't think the article should have been posted on the front page. It reads like something that we would see in the S2000 talk section or somewhere else. The article is somewhat accurate, except for the title, but it mostly serves the purpose of inflaming other people (e.g. this thread, the thread in OT, etc). The S is not a better car than the Evo. It is a DIFFERENT sports car/sedan. I would recommend taking the article off the front page and pushing it into a forum post. This just takes one more step in dividing car enthusiasts over facts that are at best, irrelevant and, at worst, wholly untrue. Honestly, I'm a little embarrased to see that's the first thing coming up on our webpage.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Poindexter,Mar 14 2006, 07:54 AM
cthree controls the front page, but doesn't write all the articles. If you have beef with anything on S2Ki I suggest you take it to Site Info - S2000 Talk is not the place.

And I'm not sure that you know what the S2Ki front/home page is because it can't be moved and certainly does not go inside a forum.

Go to www.s2ki.com or click on "Home" at the top of this screen.
You know what I meant. The article itself would be more appropriate as a thread in S2000 Talk than posted on the front page.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:39 AM

It is a thread in which this site, and all members of it, are representing the fact that an Evo is nothing more than hopped up Corolla. As car enthusiasts, we should appreciate all cars, and not make fun of one on the front page. It keeps out Honda stigma going...as immature Honda fanboys.
I feel like the maturity of the forum hit an all time low with something like that on the front page. You shouldn't need to "prove" to anyone why your car is better than anything else. Don't worry so much about what other people think.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:55 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

The article is fine for trackside trash-talk. Posted on the front page, however, it conveys a sense of childishness that I think does the S2000 community a disservice. I like to think we're better than this - not because of the car we drive (cf the stereotypical Porsche owning "prick) but because of our attitude.

The article starts with "There seems to be much confusion on this subject, so we at S2ki, as a public service, would like to clear up this not-so-puzzling mystery once and for all." and I would like the point out that there is no "we" in this.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:59 AM

I almost never look at the front page because it hardly changes. Now having read the article, I agree it is crass and overy bias. It has everything to do with needlessly bashing another car and nothing to do with the S2ki community.

Posting it on the front page puts us all in a bad light. Hopefully cthree or whomever controls the front page will remove it for the good of the community.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eh. It's an S2000 site. What do you expect? This isn't some car review site, or car mag. Even then, like any of them don't ever give any kind of bias in their reviews? Please.

Aside from that, this is also a response to a number of recent EVO trolls who have had some pretty blatently flaming and incorrect information posted on our site, in a very immature and disrespectful manner.

Like it or not, the S2000 can outhandle the EVO and STi. This is usually the root of these "debates" and threads. No one is going to argue that the S2000 is faster in a straight line, because it isn't.

The majority of the article is actually pretty dead on.

Quick Reply: "S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?